new september 2019 ranking published

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hi guys,

New ranking has been published
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]http://results.ittf.link/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=69&Itemid=206

And I have some question for the ones who are following the rules.
I found Marcos Freitas who is not 26 in the ranking and he dropped to places from the previous ranking, why???
1. He lost points from last year august 1620 czech open and total score is 7663
2. He gain new poinst for czech open 1170 and bulgaria open 720 (1890) and total score is 7370

Can someone explain it.

thanks

[/FONT]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Hi guys,

New ranking has been published
http://results.ittf.link/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=69&Itemid=206

And I have some question for the ones who are following the rules.
I found Marcos Freitas who is not 26 in the ranking and he dropped to places from the previous ranking, why???
1. He lost points from last year august 1620 czech open and total score is 7663
2. He gain new poinst for czech open 1170 and bulgaria open 720 (1890) and total score is 7370

Can someone explain it.

thanks

8/2019 - 7663
Old bonuses - (-1620 / 8-2019)
Minimum 8th result (+563)

Game Results 8/2019:

(+1170) , (+720)

7663-1620-563+1170+720=7370
The minimum 8th result (563) is replaced by a higher (720)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
I was thinking the same.

The whole ranking system is kind of a scam. If you play in a weak region, you get a huge boost in your world ranking. Kanak places well in two Pan Am events and then gets a world cup invite because of this. If you calculate those points, Kanak is already ranked 43 in the world or so with 5 more events to score points in. He then gets a lot of points for playing in the world championships putting him close to the top 30 when the USA team really didn't do that well. In the remaining 4 events he doesn't score a lot of points.

http://results.ittf.link/index.php?..._yr[value][]=2019&fab_rnk_res___category=Open

The above isn't Kanak's fault. It is just the way the system is set up. He is playing by the rules to get his #22 ranking. I think the ITTF wants to prop up players from each region and people who dominate their region alone can score enough points to be in the top 60-70 when in reality they would probably be ranked lower. Dominate your region, score lots of points in regional events, get an invite to the world cup get more points and then get even more points at the world championships. Maybe their logic is that if each region has a hero, more people from that region will be inspired to play.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
The whole ranking system is kind of a scam. If you play in a weak region, you get a huge boost in your world ranking. Kanak places well in two Pan Am events and then gets a world cup invite because of this. If you calculate those points, Kanak is already ranked 43 in the world or so with 5 more events to score points in. He then gets a lot of points for playing in the world championships putting him close to the top 30 when the USA team really didn't do that well. In the remaining 4 events he doesn't score a lot of points.

http://results.ittf.link/index.php?..._yr[value][]=2019&fab_rnk_res___category=Open

The above isn't Kanak's fault. It is just the way the system is set up. He is playing by the rules to get his #22 ranking. I think the ITTF wants to prop up players from each region and people who dominate their region alone can score enough points to be in the top 60-70 when in reality they would probably be ranked lower. Dominate your region, score lots of points in regional events, get an invite to the world cup get more points and then get even more points at the world championships. Maybe their logic is that if each region has a hero, more people from that region will be inspired to play.
This month he has almost 1000 points more then previous but he only scored 180 points in Czech open.
I really do not get the idea of this ranking.