Is TTX the savior for Europe

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
It might be perfect for countries like Germany and Sweden with major club participation decline over the past 20 years.

This is true But from my own experience in my club is that We have No problem getting kids to start to play tabletennis. We have around 16 tables and have almost No room for more players so We can not recruit as much in schools as We would like. The problem for us is to keep the players when they become teenagers. But i can not blame them. Nowadays i think there arr more important to have an education to be able to land a good job. So i think many players and parents Do not se tabletennis as a good plan for the future. But Maybe they can keep playing a little But is is difficult for us to keep them. Any suggestions?

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This is true But from my own experience in my club is that We have No problem getting kids to start to play tabletennis. We have around 16 tables and have almost No room for more players so We can not recruit as much in schools as We would like. The problem for us is to keep the players when they become teenagers. But i can not blame them. Nowadays i think there arr more important to have an education to be able to land a good job. So i think many players and parents Do not se tabletennis as a good plan for the future. But Maybe they can keep playing a little But is is difficult for us to keep them. Any suggestions?
That's the exact reason why I stopped playing at about 16... no time for sports with uni and all, and and I only picked TT back at 34 when I finally had enough time for a hobby.

This user has no status.
That's the exact reason why I stopped playing at about 16... no time for sports [...]
"No time for sports..." must be one of the most used excuses all around the world. No matter how old you are or what you are doing for a living, there is ALWAYS time for sports. It is just a matter of priorities and how much you really want it.