Exciting news from Xiom

I had the chance to meet their executives from Korea yesterday and it was a day long closed-door meeting about their new upcomg products that will surely blow our minds. I cannot divulge the pics and specific info yet until the tome comes but I can share some.
1. People around the world will have access to their Pro custom made rubbers! Yes, the ones that are being used personally by JYS and Hugo Calderano can also be bought by regular players.
2. These rubbers are high performance and were specifically chosen by the said players that they use these rubbers personally.
3. The rubbers are on a limited run and are very few for supplies and are much more expensive. I have them myself and they play quite differently. Too bad I cannot share the pics and info yet but this forum will be the first to know about them when I am given the green light.
4. I was surprised with the info on ESN rubbers that it blew me away especially the technology that each brand uses.
5. They are releasing also blades this year and early next year which has a new composite material.
6. I have personally discusses about regular players' needs and Xiom seem to listen on what are some common wishes of casual and recreational players.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
What is it with all these "pro custom made rubbers"? Isn't the idea of ITTF approvals to make the sport more transparent? Doesn't this make their rubbers illegal? Shouldn't these TT brands offer to the public the exact same products they offer anyone else?

Feels like everything we are buying are "QC grade B" at best, and relabels at worst.

I used to wholeheartedly support Xiom, now that they are jumping on the "provincial, national, custom pro" bandwagon, I'm starting to have doubts.

Reactions: ffwd and Lermanator
There is no qc grade b for Xiom but you cannot deny that the rubbers being used by pro are custom made and play slightly better. The dhs version of national and prov shoukd not be even compared as those rubbers are questionable. Ar least what Xiom is doing is having access to the same rubbers and this is as authentic as they get unlike dhs which were marked as national rubbers but those are not the ones used by Ma Long, etc.

Reactions: nivekkan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Hi, I didn't mean to rant on Xiom specifically. After all, DHS also markets Hurricane "Ma Long" and "FZD", I wonder if even these versions are exactly what the named people use.

What I would be impressed to see is if Xiom outright said Hugo uses off the shelf Omega VII, or offer Omega in 47.5/50 degrees (like what Joola is doing) and said he uses the 50 degree version.

If they do decide to make customs runs of a rubber specifically tailored to Hugo (with substantial differences to design), either don't try to market it and adopt a "don't ask don't tell" policy, or set it up as a standalone product "Xiom Hugo 7..." and not some limited edition he said/she said collectible.

This user has no status.
Hi, I didn't mean to rant on Xiom specifically. After all, DHS also markets Hurricane "Ma Long" and "FZD", I wonder if even these versions are exactly what the named people use.

What I would be impressed to see is if Xiom outright said Hugo uses off the shelf Omega VII, or offer Omega in 47.5/50 degrees (like what Joola is doing) and said he uses the 50 degree version.

If they do decide to make customs runs of a rubber specifically tailored to Hugo (with substantial differences to design), either don't try to market it and adopt a "don't ask don't tell" policy, or set it up as a standalone product "Xiom Hugo 7..." and not some limited edition he said/she said collectible.

Omega 7 Pro is 47.5°, Omega 5 Asia is 50°, Omega 7 Asia is 52.5° and Omega Tour is 55°.

We know for a fact that most higher level pro players do not use off the shelve rubbers. Performance wise, the factory tuned rubbers of major brands are different from what we are able to buy in the market. What is wrong in creating an access to those products? At least they are authentic!

Reactions: bobpuls
We know for a fact that most higher level pro players do not use off the shelve rubbers. Performance wise, the factory tuned rubbers of major brands are different from what we are able to buy in the market. What is wrong in creating an access to those products? At least they are authentic!

Its not wrong and I personally welcome that idea.

That way a great part of a player's sponsorship will be transfered to the customers of the specific product, not to All customers.
This should make the regular products cheaper /ha-ha/.

On the other hand its a very clear, maybe the first official confess that LARC is absolutely useless. LARC is SCAM.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
I doubt they'll be able to keep the exact same spec and tolerances.

Keep in mind DHS never denied the existence of special rubbers/blades for the top players, unlike other brands and/or manufacturers that openly deny the practice.

Even more, the Hurricane 2/3 were originally developed for the top players, not the general market.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Hinoki all Wood blades have big market in Poland so I think they should make 5ply and 7 ply type of blade

Xiom used to have a Hinoki S7 7-ply. I've been trying to find one for a while now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
4. I was surprised with the info on ESN rubbers that it blew me away especially the technology that each brand uses.
Hi yogi, could you expand on this, or is it one of the pieces of information that you can't detail?