Exciting news from Xiom

Oh so you have heard of it heheh. Probably, end of this year not sure yet. This forum will be the first to know. Yes, that Vega rubber will be quite different and new.
What I'm waiting for is an update to the Vega Pro that is higher quality

Reactions: anchorschmidt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
what's the point of buying factory tuned rubbers made for pros?
I'd rather buy a booster and tune them myself as many times as I want.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobpuls
If it is pointless for you it may not be true with other people. It is just to experience what it feells like using it. Also, your boostong is dfferent feom what the pros use.
what's the point of buying factory tuned rubbers made for pros?
I'd rather buy a booster and tune them myself as many times as I want.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
This is just more marketing hype. What has change? There is the coefficient of restitution, COR, in the normal and tangential planes. Are the rubbers faster or spinier? Is faster a good thing if one can't get enough arc on the ball to keep it on the table?
I do not believe there is anything magic about T05. There are many that say there are faster rubbers now but that isn't the point. T05 has the right ratio of tangential to normal COR. If I want to design a better rubber I would want to increase the tangential and normal COR but keep the ratio the same.

So how is this done?

One thing I feel that is total bogus is the talk about sponges. I don't see how a harder sponge will increase the COR. Dan recently posted a video about Rasanter. The harder sponges weighed more. This makes sense because there is more sponge and fewer air pockets in the sponge but.....

IT IS THE AIR THAT COMPRESSES AND RESTORES MOST OF THE ENERGY! NOT THE SPONGE MATERIAL ITSELF.

The real trick to making a good sponge is to get as many air pockets in the sponge as possible but keeping the air pockets are relatively equal size and not too big.

Reactions: lasta
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
If it is pointless for you it may not be true with other people. It is just to experience what it feells like using it. Also, your boostong is dfferent feom what the pros use.

but I would only experience the same feel as a pro for a couple of weeks max (until the booster effect disappears).
also I think it's not the same to use a rubber two days after it was boosted or 2 months after it was boosted.
so delivery time is key.

but I admit if I could choose the standard rubber or the pro rubber for a similar price I would go for the pro.
so maybe it's a good option! :)

Last edited:
This is just more marketing hype. What has change? There is the coefficient of restitution, COR, in the normal and tangential planes. Are the rubbers faster or spinier? Is faster a good thing if one can't get enough arc on the ball to keep it on the table?
I do not believe there is anything magic about T05. There are many that say there are faster rubbers now but that isn't the point. T05 has the right ratio of tangential to normal COR. If I want to design a better rubber I would want to increase the tangential and normal COR but keep the ratio the same.

So how is this done?

One thing I feel that is total bogus is the talk about sponges. I don't see how a harder sponge will increase the COR. Dan recently posted a video about Rasanter. The harder sponges weighed more. This makes sense because there is more sponge and fewer air pockets in the sponge but.....

IT IS THE AIR THAT COMPRESSES AND RESTORES MOST OF THE ENERGY! NOT THE SPONGE MATERIAL ITSELF.

The real trick to making a good sponge is to get as many air pockets in the sponge as possible but keeping the air pockets are relatively equal size and not too big.

Its not the first time and place this question has been diiscussed with your participation.
You are wrong.
Those who are interested can easily find enough materials to read and understand at least the bases of what is that called ESN Tensor. Find and read the patents, its enough to understand the abstract. If you do it you may guess the reasons for the differences between Tensor Brands, tensor generations, as well as the differences between different lines in one and the same generation and brand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
Oh so you have heard of it heheh. Probably, end of this year not sure yet. This forum will be the first to know. Yes, that Vega rubber will be quite different and new.

Oh, I had no clue but it's excellent news for me :D Vega pro is almost the perfect rubber for my forehand. The only problem is the ball slips sometimes and the rubber plays very differently after a month or two compared to how it plays in the beginning. Wouldn't mind shelling out €10 more if the quality improves

Last edited:
Reactions: Ioiettino
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
You are wrong.
That is easy to say. Show your proof!

Here is mine
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compressed-air_energy_storage
Compressed air is 100% efficient when there are no temperature loses. Since the air pockets in the sponge compress and decompress in a about a millisecond, there is no time for heat to escape. The coefficient of restitution for rubber is no where close to 100% or even 90%.

Have you ever seen two people run into each while holding beach balls? The collision is very elastic.

Not a pro version but i think it has new topsheet and sponge. Vega rubbers are already old like 10nyears and they made a new one updated for the new ball.

wait so vega pro version 2.0?