Butterfly releases Dignics 80, 64 and Lin Gaoyuan ALC blade

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I actually expected D80 to drop first, but more around April 2020, then D64 in November 2020 like they did gradually with the Tenergy versions (not in that order of course). But it makes senses that they've had these trusted pimple structures now and call roll them out quicker with the new sponge and rubber material. Plus they need to build the Dignics brand with more choices to market it better and justify the price.

I wonder if FX versions of Dignics will be a thing and if so, if they will be released at the end of 2020? Or if FX doesn't lend itself to what Butterfly is trying to achieve with Dignics both commercially and with its new sponge, and they want to leave the FX market to Tenergy and that price point.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
I waste my time

Adam bobrow said on wttc that he is playing smaller head size Viscaria because he is the fastest from all Chinese
And his smaller head size of blade gives him extra speed
And next you can see his matches that
He has smaller hands and slim body
And Butterfly makes his personal blade which have 157 x150 headsize
When he doesnt use 157x 150 type of blade
Next I wrote my prediction
Because I use 154x 150 Joola Viva and he has smaller head size than my personal blade so 152x 146/148 in my opinion his head size of viscaria,
okay you can say Its bullshit from my side and I am Ok with that opinion but people always need the source like
They are blinded

Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I waste my time

Adam bobrow said on wttc that he is playing smaller head size Viscaria because he is the fastest from all Chinese
And his smaller head size of blade gives him extra speed
And next you can see his matches that
He has smaller hands and slim body
And Butterfly makes his personal blade which have 157 x150 headsize
When he doesnt use 157x 150 type of blade
Next I wrote my prediction
Because I use 154x 150 Joola Viva and he has smaller head size than my personal blade so 152x 146/148 in my opinion his head size of viscaria,
okay you can say Its bullshit from my side and I am Ok with that opinion but people always need the source like
They are blinded

So he's basically playing with a mini paddle?

Reactions: lVegita
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
My friend had nimatsu all+ and head size was 152/149
And he played a lot faster shots when he used Small size than when he used Andrzej Grubba all+ which have size 159-153
I bought new Viscaria and it is very fast, the balance is similiar to my friend Old spirit

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
The LGY ALC looks real pretty!

Yes, indeed. Butterfly always had nice looking blades imho

table_tennis_advisory--1568006584011.jpg

table_tennis_advisory--1568006582577.jpg

table_tennis_advisory--1568006582100.jpg

table_tennis_advisory--1568006579731.jpg

table_tennis_advisory--1568006583013.jpg

table_tennis_advisory--1568006580717.jpg

table_tennis_advisory--1568006581063.jpg

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
Oh well, another rebranded blade??

I wonder why people would even buy this when it's basically not gonna end up being different than say viscaria or maybe freitas( I think it's gonna be viscaria)
Funnier than that is that I'm not the only one to suggest viscaria over all of these re-branded blades. ZJK used viscaria as well(even though it was the gold version:)) and people still wanna have something in the name of their idol xD

You just answered your own question "and people still wanna have something in the name of their idol". Whatever the reason may be. The "want" factor always outweighs the "need" factor at least for me. The constant questioning and curiosity that goes on in my head regarding equipment only goes away when I get hold of that new rubber or blade. Although thats changing as my development progresses and my pockets get thinner :D I'm slowly realizing that if I have a blade or rubber that is remotely in ballpark of something I want to try, i.e. ALC blade vs another ALC blade or Tension rubber vs another Tensioned rubber it really doesn't make that much a difference for me anymore.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I'm slowly realizing that if I have a blade or rubber that is remotely in ballpark of something I want to try, i.e. ALC blade vs another ALC blade or Tension rubber vs another Tensioned rubber it really doesn't make that much a difference for me anymore.

You´re travelling on the road to enlightenment ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Oh well, another rebranded blade??

I am personally a fan of that rebranding. We have a relatively perfect blade, Viscaria, that we can choose the skin, or the Idol name on it. If I ever go to that road, I would get the LGY version just for the L on the handle, which happens to be the first letter of my name as well. I also like him, and I’m happy he got a model after him.

We already have a billion blades, so lets keep that and pump those handle options :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
How's that any different? Like what you like and don't judge!
Who is judging? I just don't like overpriced stuff made with cheap materials. Material cost for any of these ALC blades is around $10 USD, probably less in the bulk that Butterfly buys its materials. Why pay $250 USD for one of them? I admittedly used to also, but once I started making blades I became enlightened to just how ridiculous the prices are.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Who is judging? I just don't like overpriced stuff made with cheap materials. Material cost for any of these ALC blades is around $10 USD, probably less in the bulk that Butterfly buys its materials. Why pay $250 USD for one of them? I admittedly used to also, but once I started making blades I became enlightened to just how ridiculous the prices are.

Good point for you, but not everyone can make their own blades like you or give them a design and paint job like Butterfly.