STIGA DNA Pro

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Crazy prices. Even my blade tb zlc cost a couple more 100 swedish kronor now. Would be great if another company really could challenge them so the prices would drop.

Important information on Butterfly pricing: :)

This is pretty old now. But it is still funny.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Soooo, we have...

S - 42.5
M - 47.5
H - 50.0

...with H being used by Truls Möregårdh and Ioannis Sgouropoulos.

Hardnesses as expected, and similar to the Mantra rubbers.

Pro players changing from Mantra to DNA mid season a bit questionable.

But maybe they´ve been using these for a while but the official information was still Mantra.

Who knows.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I suspect it has something to do with the hardnesses of tenergy05 and 05fx, which translate roughly to these values.

If so that is really dumb. In reality every rubber has its own playing characteristics that are not 100% analogous across brands without systematic measurement. Using just sponge hardness rather than overall performance is ignorant.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Slightly off topic but why do most brands do 42/47/50 and skip 45? Too small difference between 45 and 47?

Personally I prefer 45 but there're not that many options (which probably is a good thing)

I'm a fan of 45 too, but I've always assumed it's just down to sales volume. More people wanting hardnesses at the outer edges rather than the happy middle.

Hardnesses as expected, and similar to the Mantra rubbers.

Pro players changing from Mantra to DNA mid season a bit questionable.

But maybe they´ve been using these for a while but the official information was still Mantra.

Who knows.

Until I see a pic of them using one at an event, it's always dubious. Didn't Stiga also used to say that FZD used Mantra? When they say "using" maybe they mean "this player was using the rubber when we took this picture in our studio".

Reactions: bricec
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
If so that is really dumb. In reality every rubber has its own playing characteristics that are not 100% analogous across brands without systematic measurement. Using just sponge hardness rather than overall performance is ignorant.

That could be true seeing the 4th-gen Tensor essentially imitated every aspect of Tenergy.