This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Screenshot_20190908-175252.jpg

This user has no status.
Meanwhile behind the scene...

Dima: Please Dan, please don't ever mention what rubber i'm using in the review video...
Dan: OK.

I actually took a look and it seemed to have blue sponge like bluestorm as Dan said in the comments of the video. Perhaps, he used BS for that one time .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I've had mine for only a week or two, but this blade is something different. Like a Butterfly Innerforce Layer ALC on steroids. I've used the same rubbers on both Butterfly and Ovtcharov No.1 Senso. Both of mine have the same weight although there are differences in blade design (longer handle and bigger head on Donic). Both blades had signs of good quality wood. The core is very very porous, limba has a lovely deep dark golden color. Both of the blades are impeccable. I think still think that the Senso offers more of everything and for me personally, offers a lot more confidence.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020
Perhaps what you meant is, solid handles feel better. But that is different than saying that solid handles give you more feeling.

Its the opposite. A solid bodied guitar would not resonate and project the sound (vibrations). Think of what an electric guitar sounds like without the amplifier. Just like the hollow space of an acoustic guitar or violin allowing the vibrations to resonate, a hollow space in the handle increases the amount of vibration you can feel because it creates the air space for those vibrations to resonate and amplify. Also, if there is less wood in the same amount of space, that makes it easier to transmit the vibrations. It is easier to move air molecules than wood molecules. It is easier to move wood molecules than carbon molecules. A guitar made out of carbon would not sound good.

But, sometimes a hollow handle means too much vibration. So, a very small hollow space, or a solid handle will not cause you to have the bad feeling parts of the vibrations; only the good. So, a solid handle might feel better. But it will not transmit as much feeling, it will not transmit as much of the vibrations, to your hand.

A solid bodied guitar would not resonate and project the sound (vibrations)
Obviously, but...

A guitar made out of carbon would not sound good.
Nope sir, you're very wrong.

Here you're misunderstanding resonance and sustain: carbon helps for sustain that's why it's used for the sweatspot in blades, but indeed will never be better than... air, actually, for resonance purpose.

That's why nowadays solidbody guitars and basses intensively use carbon: one of mines got carbon rods in the neck, just like the carbon used in blades to increase the sweatspot=better sustain for the blade. Modulus Graphite has made some popular basses for Flea or Oteil Burbridge (The Allman Brothers Band, Tedeshi Trucks Band to name a few, only A-List acts) with full carbon necks, Mark King (Level 42) is famous for using Status Graphite basses with full carbon necks too.

But there are also brands that make full carbon guitars, yep... neck AND body, it's just more tricky to build them, it costs a bunch of money then. Fact is: an acoustic guitar body made of carbon will resonate better, cos' the material will not absorb any of the vibrations unlike wood, and its sustain properties will transfer vibrations better:

Now you're gonna tell me "it sounds harsh, too much crispy, to much high frequencies" yeah... carbon does not work like wood, cos' depending on the specie used to make blades, exactly like guitars, some properties will be emphasized.

Think like it: the oval zone, where the racket hits the ball is the neck, it's where ball/note is played. The Handle is the body, it's where the feeling is produced. It means that if you would have an handle with the maximum informations possible, it would be better to make it out of carbon, and hollow !! but the ITTF rules are not tailored for that.

Also bear in mind that solidbody guitars and basses sound mostly because of their pickups and electronics, woods matter of course, but not as much as you can think, that's why many musicians get custom made pickups and electronics for the same guitar.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Actually the only thing which is missing from the non-amplified sound of this quitar is the sustain , which is certainly due to the carbon body which doesn't resonate enough(stiff). Meanwhile the guitar has enough lows/highs and a certain character and probably will find its way to a bunch of extravagant customers. Btw, what all that has to do with the table tennis....

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It is always interesting to me to see when someone takes a post I made long enough ago to force me to read the posts around it to figure out the context, and the person who quotes me comments on something that had nothing to do with what I was talking about.

Would a solid handle give you more feel than a handle with a small hollow space in it?

It might feel better to some with the handle solid. But would the solid handle translate more vibrations to your hand than a handle with a small hollow space?

I don't really know anything about musical instruments. Nor do I really care. I was using the example of hollow bodied string instruments to illustrate something. Perhaps I am wrong. 100 years ago, would they have thought to make an acoustic guitar that was solid? But the info is about TT rackets. Not musical instruments. The handles I have felt with a hollow space have more vibrations that you can feel in your hand. Sometimes there is too much vibration. Some people are more sensitive to that than others.

I have heard Der_Echte say that a Stiga Offensive Classic we both tried had vibrations like an earthquake. It felt good to me. It did not feel good to him. You can't account for what different people will like.

But, would a handle that is fully solid have MORE vibrations than the same handle with the same wood, with a small hollow space inside the handle?

Go try and tell us the results.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I've had mine for only a week or two, but this blade is something different. Like a Butterfly Innerforce Layer ALC on steroids. I've used the same rubbers on both Butterfly and Ovtcharov No.1 Senso. Both of mine have the same weight although there are differences in blade design (longer handle and bigger head on Donic). Both blades had signs of good quality wood. The core is very very porous, limba has a lovely deep dark golden color. Both of the blades are impeccable. I think still think that the Senso offers more of everything and for me personally, offers a lot more confidence.

how does No 1 senso compare to Dima ALC of butterfly ?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Sergey The "Tsos", who will someday soon join TTD and tell everyone how to use H3 properly... A year or two ago, Segey started to use the Ovtcharov Senso Carbon and it has been his main blade since.

This blade has a little more vibration than other blades its speed class... and speaking of speed class, it is not a rocket of a blade. Ironically, this lets you hit harder and land it.

#Sign-up Sergey

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Sergey The "Tsos", who will someday soon join TTD and tell everyone how to use H3 properly... A year or two ago, Segey started to use the Ovtcharov Senso Carbon and it has been his main blade since.

This blade has a little more vibration than other blades its speed class... and speaking of speed class, it is not a rocket of a blade. Ironically, this lets you hit harder and land it.

#Sign-up Sergey

If you are talking about Ovtcharov True Carbon, that is a different blade than the one Amit mentioned. True Carbon is outer composite.