Who will win the Qatar Open World Tour 2012 ???

• Wang Hao

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 44 58.7%
  • Ma Lin

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Joo Se Hyuk

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Chuang Chih-Yuan

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Oh Sang Eun

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

• Other (post below)

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
2012 GAC GROUP Qatar Open - ITTF World Tour, 07 Feb 2012 - 11 Feb 2012, Doha, Qatar

Total number of player entries is: 200

The Men's Singles draw
The Women's Singles draw
The Men's Doubles draw
The Women's Doubles draw

The Ma Long, Zhang Jike and Timo Boll withdraw from the Qatar Open

Live matches from the Qatar Open 2012 can be watched in our ITTF Live Streaming which has integrated Chat

Table tennis has took of the a flying start in 2012 with the newly introduced World Tour's from the ITTF. Formerly known as Pro Tour's the World Tours have had a huge impact on table tennis this year with the Hungarian Open World Tour 2 weeks ago and the Slovenian Open World Tour 1 week ago. Leading up to the Slovenian Open World Tour Ma Long (World number 1) had not lost a match in a grand total of 224 days with 5 consecutive ITTF Pro Tour/World Tour wins! However last week World number 2 Zhang Jike stopped Ma Long in his tracks as he defeated the 'machine' by 4 sets to 3 in an epic battle at the Slovenian Open Men's Singles final!

Wang Hao the World no.3 enters the Qatar Open World Tour as the number 1 seed!

haoinjury1.jpg

Wang Hao, Photo by: Xinhua/Liu Dawei

So i'm sure everyone is looking forward to the Qatar Open 2012! Lets get things under way! This spectacular event begins on Tuesday 07th to Saturday 11th January 2012. The best Chinese stars are competing as seen here! thanks to the ITTF.

Wang Hao, Xu Xin, Ma Lin, Joo Se Hyuk, Jun Mizutani, Dimitrij Ovtcharov, Chuang Chih-Yuan and many more World class table tennis players will appear in the Men’s Singles event; whilst in the counterpart Women’s Singles competition the top seeded Chinese players in he World have not entered. The seeds are as follows: Wang Yuegu, Kasumi Ishikawa, Ai Fukuhara, Tie Yana, Hirano Sayaka and many more will be in action.

Who will win Qatar Open 2012? Who did you vote for in the TTD poll? Who would you like to see win?

Which player will produce the goods with the absence of Ma Long, Zhang Jike and Timo Boll??

Men Singles Seeds:

xuqatar2012.jpg

Xu Xin, Photo by: Remy Gros

1 Ma Long --- WITHDRAWN
2 Zhang Jike --- WITHDRAWN
3 Wang Hao
4 Timo Boll --- WITHDRAWN
5 Xu Xin
6 Ma Lin
7 Joo Se Hyuk
8 Jun Mizutani
9 Dimitrij Ovtcharov
10 Chuang Chih-Yuan
11 Oh Sang Eun
12 Vladimir Samsonov
13 Ryu Seung Min
14 Seiya Kishikawa
15 Gao Ning
16 MATTENET Adrien
17 BAUM Patrick
18 STEGER Bastian
19 NIWA Koki
20 TOKIC Bojan
21 LI Hu
22 LEE Jung Woo
23 SMIRNOV Alexey
24 SKACHKOV Kirill
25 CRISAN Adrian
26 FREITAS Marcos
27 TANG Peng HKG
28 PRIMORAC Zoran
29 GARDOS Robert
30 SUSS Christian
31 LEUNG Chu Yan
32 CHEN Weixing

Women Singles Seeds

fengbutterfly.jpg

Feng Tianwei , Photo by: Tamasu Butterfly

1 Feng Tianwei
2 Wang Yuegu
3 Kasumi Ishikawa
4 Ai Fukuhara
5 Tie Yana
6 Sayaka Hirano
7 Jiang Huajun
8 Li Jiawei
9 Wu Jiaduo
10 Kim Kyung Ah

Men Doubles Seeds:

robqataropen2012.jpg

Daniel Habesohn (left) and Robert Gardos (right), Photo by: Dean Mouhtaropoulos/Getty Images

1 Ma Lin/Xu Xin
2 Robert Gardos/Daniel Habesohn
3 Chan Kazuhiro/Kenji Matsudaira
4 Chuang Chih-Yuan/Wu Chih-Chi
5 Yang Zi /Zhan Jian

Women Doubles Seeds:

dingguoslov.jpg

Guo Yan (front) and Ding Ning (rear), Photo by: Mops Velenje

1 Ai Fukuhara/Kasumi Ishikawa
2 Li Jiawei/Wang Yuegu
3 Cheng I-Ching/HUANG Yi-Hua
4 Seok Ha Jung/Yang Ha Eun
5 Sun Beibei/Yu Mengyu

Live matches of the Qatar Open 2012 can be watched in our ITTF Live Streaming which has integrated Chat

TTD media library of all the videos from the Qatar Open World Tour 2012

Heres the TTD promotional video of the Qatar Open World Tour 2012

This is going to be a big tournament so lets get started by discussing the seeds. Can Jo Se Hyuk repeat form and cause some upsets? Can he go on to win it? Will Xu Xin or veteran Ma Lin make trouble? We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular event! What are your predictions from each event?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Normally the Zhang - Ma fight will continue I guess. But then Zhang Jike has just won a title, so history suggests he will perform bad :p I'm hoping for some upsets :) It's a great line-up! Ma Long plays no doubles it seems, so he will be totally focused on the Singles. I hope Boll or Dima can upset him though. Or maybe Mattenet. Can't wait :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Amazing stuff.

Can't really hope Joo to win really :(
But I guess I won't stop hoping for him.

However I believe this will be a great tourney.

P.s. Dan, the name under the ZJK pic is Joo Se Hyuk :D

Bonus:
A quote from OOAKForum
Lorre said:
Furthermore, he knows he's chanceless against the top Chinese with the DTecs. So why using it still? He proved that with his other pip he could compete with the Chinese. So why changing it then? Is he up to something for the Olympics? The Hungarian Open was a test for the new setup and he's playing the new setup again only in the Olympics. In that way the Chinese cannot study his game too much...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Amazing stuff.

Can't really hope Joo to win really :(
But I guess I won't stop hoping for him.

However I believe this will be a great tourney.

P.s. Dan, the name under the ZJK pic is Joo Se Hyuk :D

Bonus:
A quote from OOAKForum
Furthermore, he knows he's chanceless against the top Chinese with the DTecs. So why using it still? He proved that with his other pip he could compete with the Chinese. So why changing it then? Is he up to something for the Olympics? The Hungarian Open was a test for the new setup and he's playing the new setup again only in the Olympics. In that way the Chinese cannot study his game too much...

No problem, they will just make the Chinese copy of Joo play with Joo's new setup ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Joo Se Hyuk is a genius. We will see how far he will come in the olympics!
I hope Ma Long will win the Qatar Open.
And hopefully he has to play Timo Boll in the semis and Ma Long can win him 4-0 :)
Or Timo Boll kicks out Zhang Jike (like last year) and then will lose against Ma Long 4-0 in the final.
If this happens, Ma Long chance for olympia gets better and Boll goes to Olympia anyway ^o^

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
And hopefully he has to play Timo Boll in the semis and Ma Long can win him 4-0 :)
Or Timo Boll kicks out Zhang Jike (like last year) and then will lose against Ma Long 4-0 in the final.
If this happens, Ma Long chance for olympia gets better and Boll goes to Olympia anyway ^o^

Totally agree Tim!

I want Ma Long to win again, I think the final will be another Ma and Zhang, but I hope Timo Boll can make a change to this. Hopefully he has some new tactics for the Chinese players.

I think Jun Mizutani and Joo Se Hyuk can do some damage in this tournament to :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011

or he beats zhang jike and fails against xu xin :p would love to see xu and ma in the olympics + double.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Here is my prediction :
Men's Singles : Zhang Jike ( I loved the way he has changed his strategy against Ma Long, instead of only playing to Ma Long's comparatively weak back hand and becoming predictable , he is trying to play spinnier which is ZJK's strength )
Men's Doubles : Ma Lin / Xu Xin ( There is no better doubles player than Ma Lin, its better LGL recoginzes that by giving him a slot for olympics , then Dan can play him once more :p )
Women's Singles : Feng Tianwei ( Shes the best when the Chinese are not around )