New blade replacing primorac

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I think the Balsa Carbo X5 is a completely different blade and anyone is entitled to lick that mushroom until the spots fall off.

I recommend you buy, use and love what you like no matter what the trouble making jokers say.

Why do you ask?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Anything specific you want to change from the Primorac? What kind of characteristics do you want from the next blade?

FYI, I'm strictly an all wood guy (composites ALWAYS take away too much feel). You can get very high speeds with all wood, just have to sacrifice light weight.

Also, I'd rather eat a balsa blade than play with one.

So when I see Balsa and carbon together, I immediately think its a bad combination.

This user has no status.
Anything specific you want to change from the Primorac? What kind of characteristics do you want from the next blade?

FYI, I'm strictly an all wood guy (composites ALWAYS take away too much feel). You can get very high speeds with all wood, just have to sacrifice light weight.

Also, I'd rather eat a balsa blade than play with one.

So when I see Balsa and carbon together, I immediately think its a bad combination.
I am thinking more speed than primorac and good touch and dwell time

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Liu shiwen zlf
Ai fukuhara pro zlf
Tiago apolonia zlc
Petr Korbel

No butterfly
5 ply
Stratus powerwood
Tsp reflex award 50
Osp Virtuoso

5ply plus 2 composite ply
Victas zx Fiber
Victas firefall fc
Gewo super force cf (koto but funny to play)
7 ply
Clipper
Joola Viva( the most underatted blade In history)
Sk7
Gewo Bence majoros off
TSP swat family

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

If you want just a touch more speed and keep a lot of control, the Korbel (Japan version) will be good for you. I used to play with the Primorac Japan myself then switched to the Korbel and did not lose much control.

Then from the Korbel, I later switched to the Innerforce ALC and didn't seem to lose much control from that either and I'm not one who normally likes the feeling of a carbon blade.

In the same vein as the IF ALC, a friend told me the Victas ZX Gear-IN feels and plays well, but I haven't tried it yet.

Reactions: lVegita
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Liu shiwen zlf
Ai fukuhara pro zlf
Tiago apolonia zlc
Petr Korbel

No butterfly
5 ply
Stratus powerwood
Tsp reflex award 50
Osp Virtuoso

5ply plus 2 composite ply
Victas zx Fiber
Victas firefall fc
Gewo super force cf (koto but funny to play)
7 ply
Clipper
Joola Viva( the most underatted blade In history)
Sk7
Gewo Bence majoros off
TSP swat family

That's a very broad list of recommendations including some blades that are very different from one another...

Have you tried all these blades? I think OP just wants a bit more speed, not an overwhelming list to randomly chose from.

Last edited:
Reactions: lVegita
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Get yourself a Clipper. So far, the best combination of good speed and feel. You can get faster, but you start to loose feel, you can get better touch, but it won't be as fast.

Dwell time is an illusion, usually you get more of that with slower blades.

The Korbel SK7 would be good too, more or less the same as the clipper.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

There are a few good recommendations here. The one thing I will say is that, if you want good touch and dwell time, you don't want a balsa carbon blade. :) At least not in my opinion.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
https://butterflyonline.com/Templates/BladeSpecifications.pdf

If you look at that chart, the Balsa Carbo X5 has less speed and less feeling than a Primorac. That blade appeals more to people who like to use their own power (extreme control) and don't care about feeling the ball per se because the ball feels almost the same every time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
You might try the Donic Carbo Speed. Similar construction to the Primorac. Lower price. Good feel, and fast.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
How about Nittaku Acoustic? Maybe a tad faster (I think?), still flexible and lots of feel.

Edit: Oh, I just saw the comment about wanting more speed than Korbel. I’m not sure where Korbel vs. Acoustic lies.

Acoustic and Korbel are supposedly on par speed-wise, although I feel that my Korbel is quite a bit faster than my Acoustic.

Acoustic Carbon would probably also work well for OP.

Last edited: