BH Rubber help.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
OP... I use 05FX and on either wing, it does not lack punch or spin. Sure, any grippy rubber of its vlass is gunna have a ball jump off your bat if all you do is stick it out there and death grip it... but what the heck, that gunna happen with friggin ANTI.

IF one has issues blocking heavy spin, one ought to learn to get to the ball off the bounce, very soft hand, cover ball... later move it forward... or if away from table, softening the hand, cover ball using a shorter lower 30 percent power shot to counter topspin... later swinging harder and firming up grip at impact. That applies to any rubber, but 05fx does a bang up job in that are compared to less dynamic rubbers.

Learning how to successfully with the ball and solving the underlying causes count a lot more that replacing a rubber. The rubber simply makes it easier or harder to do a certain thing

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response splasher. Will give that a try then. Would you say the Rakza 7 will be a good more controllable alternative?. Also what thickness should i go for max which i think is 2.2m or 2.0 i use 2.1 05fx currently :)
Hey Hazzaa96, no problem. I can't speak on the Rakza 7 because i've never used it (yet). As for thickness, again i wouldn't know because I haven't seen you play. But general rule of thumb is the higher you go in sponge thickness, speed will increase and control will decrease but I don't think +/- 1mm of thickness would affect your game that much. I could be wrong. I'm sure others can better answer this one for you. Hope this helps. Lastly, I can't agree more with what Der_Echte said about technique. He pretty much nailed it. If I were you, i'd hold out just a bit longer and work on fixing your technique with what you already have. Take it from a recovering EJ! BUt if you feel new rubber will help, then by all means go for it. Just always remember equipment can NEVER trump skill! Good luck and keep us posted.

M

Last edited:
Reactions: Der_Echte
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
When we speak of control, in relation to sponge thickness, that ease of control will increase or decrease depending on what shot one is doing.

In general, more sponge makes it easier to spin the ball, which makes spin shots more easily performed and controlled.

In contrast, usually the less spinny shots like a drive are more difficult to control with thicker sponge.

Both the above are not true in 100 percent of cases for every player,, but are generally true.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: splasher78
I can tell you something - if you aren't going to spend some serious practice time with these rubbers, you are going to be stuck in a neverending circle of trying and changing them to new ones.

G1 is pretty linear, I use it myself, and you can really find more spin sensitive rubbers than this one. The high throw comes into effect when spinning the ball and/or hitting the ball harder. I can assume you tend to stand a bit too close to the table, and it's not helping that stick to your fast carbon blade. Also, my guess is that you've been testing Tibhar rubbers before that, and it causes some extended getting used to Fastarc (myself used MX-P/S before G1)

One way or another, like I said, it's crucial to stick to a pair of rubbers and focus on training hard using them, instead of looking for your 'holy grails' of BH and FH.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi