Master TTD Member Country: South Korea
      Equipment:
      Blade Nexy Batos ALC
      Forehand Rubber T05 FX
      Backhand Rubber Bluefire M3

Reviews
      Read 27 Reviews
      Liked 9,073 Times in 4,699 Posts
      OP... I use 05FX and on either wing, it does not lack punch or spin. Sure, any grippy rubber of its vlass is gunna have a ball jump off your bat if all you do is stick it out there and death grip it... but what the heck, that gunna happen with friggin ANTI.

IF one has issues blocking heavy spin, one ought to learn to get to the ball off the bounce, very soft hand, cover ball... later move it forward... or if away from table, softening the hand, cover ball using a shorter lower 30 percent power shot to counter topspin... later swinging harder and firming up grip at impact. That applies to any rubber, but 05fx does a bang up job in that are compared to less dynamic rubbers.

Learning how to successfully with the ball and solving the underlying causes count a lot more that replacing a rubber. The rubber simply makes it easier or harder to do a certain thing

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
      President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
      http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
      http://www.nexyusa.com

View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
      http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

2. The Following 2 Users Like Der_Echte's Post:

splasher78 (5 Days Ago),ttmonster (6 Days Ago)

3. Top | #22
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: Australia

Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly VSG-4000
      Forehand Rubber Tenergy 05
      Backhand Rubber Rakza 7

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
      OP, I have been playing with rakza 7 on my backhand this year. It's amazing. So spinny and great for blocking. I even went with 1.8 sponge because I wanted to be able to control the backhand, and I have found it perfectly fine for looping.
      The main issue, however, is technique.
      If you can't block consistently, a 1.8 or 1.9 will help though, and in my opinion your blade is fast enough to compensate for the lack of max sponge. (My blade is much slower than yours and I have no problems looping!).

As a side note, I played with my friends off+ blade (inner force zlc), it felt very fast with tenergy 05 each side!
      It took my a little while but I started to adjust and played some good games with it. He later told me it had 1.8 (or 1.9?) Mm sponge both sides. I never would have known!
      The blade makes a big difference.
      Good luck!

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Likes Sam Burke's Post:

splasher78 (5 Days Ago)

5. Top | #23
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: United States

Equipment:
      Blade VICTAS ZX-GEAR IN
      Forehand Rubber Victas V>15 Extra MAX
      Backhand Rubber Victas V>15 Extra MAX

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by hazzaa96 View Post
      Thanks for the response splasher. Will give that a try then. Would you say the Rakza 7 will be a good more controllable alternative?. Also what thickness should i go for max which i think is 2.2m or 2.0 i use 2.1 05fx currently
      Hey Hazzaa96, no problem. I can't speak on the Rakza 7 because i've never used it (yet). As for thickness, again i wouldn't know because I haven't seen you play. But general rule of thumb is the higher you go in sponge thickness, speed will increase and control will decrease but I don't think +/- 1mm of thickness would affect your game that much. I could be wrong. I'm sure others can better answer this one for you. Hope this helps. Lastly, I can't agree more with what Der_Echte said about technique. He pretty much nailed it. If I were you, i'd hold out just a bit longer and work on fixing your technique with what you already have. Take it from a recovering EJ! BUt if you feel new rubber will help, then by all means go for it. Just always remember equipment can NEVER trump skill! Good luck and keep us posted.

M
      Last edited by splasher78; 5 Days Ago at 12:29 PM.

6. The Following User Likes splasher78's Post:

Der_Echte (5 Days Ago)

7. Top | #24
      says Grand Consultant to the Office
      of the Goon Squad

Master TTD Member Country: South Korea
      Equipment:
      Blade Nexy Batos ALC
      Forehand Rubber T05 FX
      Backhand Rubber Bluefire M3

Reviews
      Read 27 Reviews
      Liked 9,073 Times in 4,699 Posts
      When we speak of control, in relation to sponge thickness, that ease of control will increase or decrease depending on what shot one is doing.

In general, more sponge makes it easier to spin the ball, which makes spin shots more easily performed and controlled.

In contrast, usually the less spinny shots like a drive are more difficult to control with thicker sponge.

Both the above are not true in 100 percent of cases for every player,, but are generally true.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Likes Der_Echte's Post:

splasher78 (5 Days Ago)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12