BH Rubber help.

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the similar posts guys this will be my last one regarding the topic. I am planning on buying new rubbers next week before the season starts in a couple of weeks. Im currently alternating between the Boll Spirit and Boll ALC and like Tenergy 05 on my forehand but want a more allround controlled rubber on BH which is somewhat similar to T05fx. I like 05fx for looping but struggle with blocking heavy topsin shots and punching through the ball. IM leaning towards Rakza 7 and Xiom Vega Europe (not sure what thickness yet) but if there are any alternatives you can reccommend that would be greatly apprecaited. ;)

THanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 3 reviews
Have you tried your FH rubber(T05) on your BH?

... more allround controlled rubber on BH which is somewhat similar to T05fx. I like 05fx for looping but struggle with blocking heavy topsin shots and punching through the ball....

You can't have everything at once. You should give up on at least one of them.

You say that T05FX good to loop. If you are not an advanced player, then you are doing lazy spin with it.

To have a less bouncy rubber for block and punch with same spin, you can use harder spinny rubbers. Then you should give up your lazy Ts. or your passive Ts. and you should start doing your Ts. by hitting more behind the ball.

You might be failing during blocking against heavy Ts. is because you are not ready for the Ts. and it's placement on your side of table. For example, I am good at blocking at trainings but bad at during games. I found out that my placement was poor or my footwork was terrible and I wasn't ready enough to block. Now I try to fix them.

Sent from Tapatalk

Reactions: hazzaa96
V> 15 Extra

Victas V>15 Extra Max thickness. I used to use T05 2.1mm on BH and switched to V>15 Extra. Very close to T05 has more 'grip' and bouncier IMO. Blocking and punching are great with this rubber. Of course i had to adjust my technique a bit but it was a very minor adjustment. Victas makes a 'soft' version as well which is V>15 "Limber" I haven't tried so I can't comment but for almost half the price of Tenergy it's worth a try. I'm sticking with V>15 from now on due to price/performance ratio. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: hazzaa96
says STAX X9000 is the BEST!
Rhyzer 48 2.0
+1

If hazzaa99 looking for something like 05FX, but with more control, then Rhyzer 48 is might be it, it has high arc, very easy to start topspin on backspin, great active block (passive game is kinda tricky, it's very bouncy rubber)... For me Rhyzer has too high arc for my likings (used max version, thinking about trying 2.0, but tried GEWO EL instead... and became a GEWO EL fan immediatly), so using GEWO Nexxus EL48 on my BH, quite happy with it, but it's more "like 05 feeling" rubber, then "like 05FX feeling" rubber... It's just I'm not a fan of 05FX at all... All IMHO...

IF you have both blades, my suggestion is to try it on both. With one sheet of Rakza 7 and two different blades, I'd try it out for a bit on the TBS then transfer it on the ALC and decide from there. That's the same dilemma I face when trying out new rubber. As a self confessed equipment junkie, I believe in experimenting with different setups to find out what works for your style, I've came to the conclusion that if a particular blade/rubber combo works for me, I don't change unless absolutely necessary, i.e. if i need more power or spin, or if it's too fast. It just hinders my development, and it gets costly.
Thanks for the replies guys. Am Leaning towards Rakza 7 on BH not sure the thickness and not even sure what blade to put it on Spirit or ALC any suggestions?

Thanks ������

Hi, Limber is a much slower rubber. Very controllable, and surprising ratio between spin you can make and spin insensivity. Short game also not bad at all for a soft rubber.

However, I would think of changing a blade to a less speedy, all-wood blade, or at least a blade where carbon layer is closer to the core, like BTY Innerforce or Joola Rossi Emotion. And you stay with your rubber choices. Timo Boll Spirit and ALC were well suited for topspin game from some distance off the table. Nowadays, when the players tend to stay closer, it is harder to play this kind of blades IMHO.

Reactions: splasher78
Thanks for the replies guys. Am Leaning towards Rakza 7 on BH not sure the thickness and not even sure what blade to put it on Spirit or ALC any suggestions?

Thanks ������

Well, consider what kind of rubber would be a controlled one for you. Rakza 7 is very bouncy and not the most spin insensitive rubber out there, therefore you may encounter similar problems with it that you do with your t05FX. Considering you want to keep using ALC/Spirit blade. Fastarc G-1 is a very good suggestion IMHO, also C-1, which is softer and could suit you better . C-1 has also lower throw, longer trajectory. Both rubber are going to solve your issues with blocking and punching through the ball. These rubbers don't have significant catapult known of Tenergy rubbers, though, and so if you think you're going to miss catapult effect, go for Tibhar MX-P. Blocking and punching through the spinny balls is really better than with Tenergy rubbers, and it's speedy yet controllable. If you had some problem with Tenergy in short game, though, I recommend you to still go with Nittaku rubber.

This user has no status.
I've used Vega Europe 2.0, Tenergy 05FX 2.0, MX-P 2.0, Rakza 7 1.8 and Rakza 7 Soft in 2.0. My favourite of those is Vega Europe. I found little difference between Rakza 7 and Rakza 7 Soft but I would say that both of those were slightly slower than my Vega Europe but had slightly more spin. Vega Europe is also slightly lighter than Yasaka 7 and 7 Soft which I prefer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Tibhar MX-S
- super heavy 75 gr uncut
- pretty good, I wish to be more grippy
- with booster is a little bit better

Tibhar MX-P 50
- super heavy 75 gr uncut
- decent rubber
- with booster is a beast, easier to flick because dwell time is longer, easier to open the game with slow topspin, high throw and I can topspin the ball close to the net at extreme angles
- I find it good at blocking and "punching through the ball"

Nittaku FastArc G1
- don't remember the weight, but not as heavy as the above rubbers
- IMO is nonlinear, good for drop shots near the net, but when you want to push long it might be over the table; the same goes for drives; the harder you hit the higher the throw, I started to hit only moderate with it because I was afraid I'd miss the table
- super sensitive against spinny serves
- good when you in are in position, doesn't help you when you are in difficult positions
- not so good at blocking

With all 3 rubbers I have issues with floating balls, except MX-P 50 when boosted, I suspect it's because of the low dwell time. Much easier to play against people hitting hard and imparting spin...

Tested the rubbers on multiple blades on FH and BH, all in MAX thickness.

I'm just an amateur. The search continues. :)