Advice on a paddle on AliExpress for a newbie player couple

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
Hi there! Me and my wife are just starting to play table tennis and we need a pair of rackets to really learn and develop some technique. (We have a table in our building)

We have already played TT in the past but only simple moves, recreational ones...

I live in Brazil, and only AliExpress options are available to me. I’ve already read a lot of posts here and the suggestions in the new paddle guide but a lot of doubts appeared.

I’m also in doubt about rubber thickness... some people say that it’s best 1.8, some people say that 2.2 is better.

So I will put below some of the options that I thought... Probably I will buy two different sets to see which one each of us will prefer.

Galaxy W6 with Ak47 Yellow FH and AK47 Blue BH

Galaxy Earth.3 and Cj8000 biotech 36-38 (don´t know if it´s the best hardness and thickness)

Other possibilities are:

Galaxy w6 with Focus Snipe 3 and H3Neo

I’m really confused with all this options and hope that you can help with the best two combinations of blades and rubbers for us. I´m also open to other alternatives too... I saw that most people say that Yasaka Sweden Extra + Yasaka Mark V is a great start so I think that Galaxy W6 as a "clone" of Yasaka Sweden will be good, but I don´t know which rubber will be close to Yasaka Mark V.

Sorry if I made the post in the wrong place, thank you all in advance. Hope that I can help someone in the future too

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Opa!

If you want 2 different setups, I would vote to keep the W6 + AK47 yellow/blue as one of them.
For the other one, and my personal favorite, Yinhe Earth E3 + Sanwei Taiji Plus (pink sponge).

Earth 3 is such a nice blade.

I didn't really like Focus III Snipe compared do Taiji and AK47.

As for H3 Neo, I'm part of the "start with the same rubbers on both sides" team, so would not recommend it right now. Also, depending on where you live here, if it is hot and with high humidity, tacky rubbers lose a lot of the tackiness until you clean it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
Opa!

If you want 2 different setups, I would vote to keep the W6 + AK47 yellow/blue as one of them.
For the other one, and my personal favorite, Yinhe Earth E3 + Sanwei Taiji Plus (pink sponge).

Earth 3 is such a nice blade.

I didn't really like Focus III Snipe compared do Taiji and AK47.

As for H3 Neo, I'm part of the "start with the same rubbers on both sides" team, so would not recommend it right now. Also, depending on where you live here, if it is hot and with high humidity, tacky rubbers lose a lot of the tackiness until you clean it.

Thank you brother! I live in São Paulo, also looking for a club to train/learn...

I will probably get the W6 + AK47 and the Earth3 + CJ8000 and Cream Transcend... The Taiji Plus is really better? I didn´t find any comparisons between than... Remember that I am a total newbie... In fact I was leaning to spend more only because you know that here is so difficult to buy anything in a good price range.

thanks again!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
I didn't tested CJ8000 and Cream, but there is no really better, it is all preference :)

I just would suggest again to, whatever rubber you choose, get the same for both sides. Specially without a coach yet, starting with different rubbers can be confusing and distracting. It was for me, at least.

About buying in Brazil, for non chinese stuff, we can get equivalent prices actually. But still, Yinhe E3 + two sheets of Taiji would cost almost the same as a single euro rubber anywhere else, and it is a really nice combo in my humble opinion.

Wait for more opinions, and also, don't forget to buy glue :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
I know Galaxy/YinHe W6 is praised, but I had one and the sweet spot was minuscule, it had a weird feel when I hit with it. Maybe I got a lemon, but I wouldn't recommend this blade. I had better experience with W2, but is fast and not suitable for newbies. I had an 896 with ST handle and was good, but the new models with FL handle are flimsy and as crisp as the old ST model.

For rubbers I suggest LKT XT Pro on FH and LKT XP Pro on BH. They are controllable especially on an ALL blade.

I suggest reading some reviews on revspin.net.

Try buying a DEF / ALL setup if you are a beginner, it's much more fun keeping the ball on the table than picking it from the ground. :)