ITTF Paraguay Open 2019

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
I've been playing at the same club as Kai since I started playing. I've watched him in training as well as in many tournaments. Regardless of the opponent, I felt like this match was some of the best table tennis I have ever seen him play.

I have watched several of his matches on youtube. This is the best and most consistent in the first 3 games of this match I have ever seen him play.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Zhang Kai's BH sux. Niwa must be cringing now.

Reactions: jawien
Jan 2018
If only Cifuentes had a better service...

Jan 2018

3QaCq6I.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
[QUOreTE=jawien;288471]I wish Kai to get to top 10, probably his bh would have to be improved to do so as @Zeio noted.
So far I think @Loopadoop owns us a beer for this argument ... ;)[/QUOTE]

I didn't say Kai was a top ten player. I said he played like a top ten for that one match, which he did, since he won, beating WR #11

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
I wish Kai to get to top 10, probably his bh would have to be improved to do so as @Zeio noted.
So far I think @Loopadoop owns us a beer for this argument ... ;)

I didn't say Kai was a top ten player. I said he played like a top ten for that one match, which he did, since he won, beating WR #11

Oh well every match is different - true and tt is not mathematics in a sense that say if player A beat player B and B beat C then A must beat C. Anyway ...

But if I visit US one day, I can count on a beer right? :)

Reactions: akoozab
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Nice matchups in the semis actually.
I haven't seen Hayata for a while and I wonder how she does against Adriana Diaz. Not expecting her to loose, but still might be an interesting match. I also wonder if Cifuentes will have strong enough bh to cause problems for Masataka?

Gardos Robert will have strong opponent since Ishiy beat Gustavo in the first round and Balazova I think I've seen her, here and there in the draws recently so she might be probably in a good form, see how she does agains Honoka.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Cifuentes is pretty good. More balanced than some Europeans. Awesome footwork, coming from a football country. Not a pushover.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Morizono 4:6, 10:6, 11:9 Cifuentes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
So this was the tournament (below) I remembered her going far into the draw. She was quite active in 2019 and did pretty good in mixed doubles with Lubomir Pistej (the WC of Ping Pong), this years European Games. Top 50 (45) in the world actually, well she didn't have much to say against the quality chopper ...

2019 - ITTF Challenge, Serbia Open, Belgrade (SRB)
BALAZOVA Barbora - GARCIA Ana 64 4 1
BALAZOVA Barbora - MAK Tze Wing (HKG) 32 4 0
BALAZOVA Barbora - ZHANG Wenjing (HKG) 16 4 0
BALAZOVA Barbora - BIKBAEVA Anna (RUS) 8 4 0
BALAZOVA Barbora - SOO Wai Yam Minnie 4 0 4

Last edited:
Jan 2018
She put up a good fight against Hashimoto. Even Harimoto had trouble looping past her.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
She put up a good fight against Hashimoto. Even Harimoto had trouble looping past her.

Thanks, nice footage @Zeio. If she can defend Harimoto's topspins so well no wonder Balazova had problems.

I was surprised Ishiy was so easy for Gardos. He actually won 2019 Pan American Championships with Jha Kanak in line.

ps. Sorry I overslept Hayata and Morizono ... ech ... ; )

Last edited:
Jan 2018
I was surprised as well. Was expecting Ishiy to try like Cifuentes despite the gap.