Blade & BH Rubber choice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Has anyone ever used Bty Innerforce layer ZLC compared to apolonia ZLC and Xiom Ice cream AZXi?

The ILZLC is same composition as the Apolonia but people swear by apolonia have better feel.

How do they compare to each other in terms of speed, ease of spin, control, feel?

Also looking for a BH rubber. FH I use Tenergy 05. Currently am using Dignics 05 but just don’t seem to think it’s for me. It’s fantastic at blocking and not sensitive to spin so much but open ups it requires a good technique and a precise shot. I find T05 to open up with so much easier where even a light brush will lift backspin ball. I do not want T05 on Bh due to sensitivity to incoming spin and it would be too quick for me right now. Any suggestions for BH Rubber?

My list of consideration is, Tenergy 05fx, Rozena, Andro Rasanter 47/42, Joola Rhyzer 48/43. Looking for something that is easy for open ups, and great for blocking and short game.

Cheers

Deep

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Has anyone ever used Bty Innerforce layer ZLC compared to apolonia ZLC and Xiom Ice cream AZXi?

The ILZLC is same composition as the Apolonia but people swear by apolonia have better feel.

How do they compare to each other in terms of speed, ease of spin, control, feel?

Also looking for a BH rubber. FH I use Tenergy 05. Currently am using Dignics 05 but just don’t seem to think it’s for me. It’s fantastic at blocking and not sensitive to spin so much but open ups it requires a good technique and a precise shot. I find T05 to open up with so much easier where even a light brush will lift backspin ball. I do not want T05 on Bh due to sensitivity to incoming spin and it would be too quick for me right now. Any suggestions for BH Rubber?

My list of consideration is, Tenergy 05fx, Rozena, Andro Rasanter 47/42, Joola Rhyzer 48/43. Looking for something that is easy for open ups, and great for blocking and short game.

Cheers

Deep

IF ZLC and Apolonia ZLC are the exact same blade, just different look.

Xiom Ice Cream AZXi is like the IF ALC on one side and IF ZLC on the other.

If you like T05 on your FH but find it too quick and spin sensitive on your BH, go for T05 FX.
Andro R47 and Rhyzer 48 would still be too fast and spin sensitive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Thanks Thomas. I actually own the IFL ZLC with T05 on FH and D05 on BH and have now tried 3 colleagues apolonia blades also with T05 on there blade and even tho composition is the same it feels different to my IFL. What I noticed Apolonia seems to have better feel, softer and more control. It’s very strange. My colleagues used mine and didn’t like it at all. Even when I went back to mine I didn’t like it as much. So I’m contemplating getting Apolonia.
Also my colleagues have dignics on there BH just like me and it feels different, much better. Open ups with Apolonia seems easier. Am going to give there’s another feels tonight.

Also to compare I have T80 and Rozena on my brothers blade to try as potential Bh rubbers. I in fact used t80 before moving to d05.

A colleague is also getting new sheets of t05fx so I might borrow his old sheet to also try and see which I prefer. He is actually a accomplished player and uses T05fx on both sides.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Thanks Thomas. I actually own the IFL ZLC with T05 on FH and D05 on BH and have now tried 3 colleagues apolonia blades also with T05 on there blade and even tho composition is the same it feels different to my IFL. What I noticed Apolonia seems to have better feel, softer and more control. It’s very strange. My colleagues used mine and didn’t like it at all. Even when I went back to mine I didn’t like it as much. So I’m contemplating getting Apolonia.
Also my colleagues have dignics on there BH just like me and it feels different, much better. Open ups with Apolonia seems easier. Am going to give there’s another feels tonight.

Also to compare I have T80 and Rozena on my brothers blade to try as potential Bh rubbers. I in fact used t80 before moving to d05.

A colleague is also getting new sheets of t05fx so I might borrow his old sheet to also try and see which I prefer. He is actually a accomplished player and uses T05fx on both sides.

Could it be that their blades are a different weight than yours or the weight balance of their blades is more to your liking?

Either way, you could always buy an Apolonia at your preferred weight and see how it feels given you've tried your clubmates' and like it. Both the IF ZLC and Apolonia have great resale value too.

I was tempted to suggest T80 for your BH, I think it's a good idea in between T05 and T05FX. A tiny bit softer than T05 with a bit more control I need to re-try it myself and see how it compares to my T05 and T05 FX on my current blade. Also, Dignics 80 is coming out in less than 2 months!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
I am considering getting Apolonia as trying 3 Apolonia blades they all felt same but different to my IFL ZLC and much better.

Over next 2-3 wks will test out rozena, t05fx and t80 on spare blades. On my current blade will stick to what I have rather than change. So my test will be carried out on spare blades during training and my actual set up I will keep as is T05 and D05 for league games. My 3 club mates with apolonia actually all have t05 on Fh Same as me but there bh rubber of choice is different. One has rozena, one has t05 one has dignics. So can knock with there’s and see what feels best but I don’t like asking to use other people’s equipmemt and rather test on my spare blades.
Also I think I’m ruling out dignics if I change as I feel it’s a expert rubber for higher level. Blocking and control is fab, speed is good too but I struggled with open ups on Bh when it’s not a precise stroke. When I get it spot on the spin is insane and often forces opponent to return weak or block out My backhand still needs work and is inconsistent so I don’t need such a expert and expensive rubber like dignics.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Hi Zeen

How does R48 compare to likes of T05, T05fx, Rozena, T80 in terms of spin, speed, control, throw angle, blocking.

I have more advanced players at my club that use it instead of regular T05 due to cost. So for that reason I wasn’t seriously considering it as if it plays like regular T05 then it’s not quite for me on my BH.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hi Zeen

How does R48 compare to likes of T05, T05fx, Rozena, T80 in terms of spin, speed, control, throw angle, blocking.

I have more advanced players at my club that use it instead of regular T05 due to cost. So for that reason I wasn’t seriously considering it as if it plays like regular T05 then it’s not quite for me on my BH.

If you want a cheaper rubber that's more comparable to T05, I'd recommend Nittaku Fastarc C-1 for your BH or G-1 for your FH.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hi Zeen

If you want a cheaper rubber that's more comparable to T05, I'd recommend Nittaku Fastarc C-1 for your BH or G-1 for your FH.

R47 is even faster than T05 and harder to control. In terms of ease of control with less speed it goes: 1) Rozena 2) T05 FX 3) T80 4) T05 5) R47

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Hi Zeen

It's much different from T05.
Softer topsheet harder sponge.
Despite harder sponge easier acceleration.
throw is comparably high. has same spin but more speed.

whether you like it depends mainly on your preference of sponge and topsheet hardness.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019

R47 is even faster than T05 and harder to control. In terms of ease of control with less speed it goes: 1) Rozena 2) T05 FX 3) T80 4) T05 5) R47

Sorry u mentioned R47. Do u mean Ransanter 47 or was it a typo for Rhyzer 48?

Tbh for my Bh it’s between rozena, T05fx and T80 leaning more towards t05fx at the moment. After 2-3 wks of testing I should know which suits my game. On my FH I am very happy with T05 anyway.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Sorry u mentioned R47. Do u mean Ransanter 47 or was it a typo for Rhyzer 48?

Tbh for my Bh it’s between rozena, T05fx and T80 leaning more towards t05fx at the moment. After 2-3 wks of testing I should know which suits my game. On my FH I am very happy with T05 anyway.

I had never seen Rhyzer 48 referred to as R48 unlike Rasanter which is actually called R47 so I thought it was a typo on your part.

Either way, R47 and Rhyzer 48 are the same idea and both faster and less controlable than T05, Rhyzer being the faster one of the two, so based on what you've said, I don't think either would be a good choice for your BH, whereas Rozena, T05 FX and T80 seem like good options to explore. Note that Rozena has great control and decent speed, great for blocking, but is not very dynamic i.e. lacks spin unlike the Tenergy series.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
I had never seen Rhyzer 48 referred to as R48 unlike Rasanter which is actually called R47 so I thought it was a typo on your part.

Either way, R47 and Rhyzer 48 are the same idea and both faster and less controlable than T05, Rhyzer being the faster one of the two, so based on what you've said, I don't think either would be a good choice for your BH, whereas Rozena, T05 FX and T80 seem like good options to explore. Note that Rozena has great control and decent speed, great for blocking, but is not very dynamic i.e. lacks spin unlike the Tenergy series.

Lol apologies I only abbreviated out of laziness.

Thank you for your description. It’s how I understand each one as well.

Speed - rozena<t05fx<T80
Spin - Rozena<t80<T05fx
Throw angle?

Control and blocking ability I’m not sure about without testing but I’m guessing rozena would be the best one for this aspect.

What are the throw angles of each? What I love about dignics is it’s control, not so sensitive to spin and how direct the blocking is which makes placement so great. What is T05fx like in this regard?

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Lol apologies I only abbreviated out of laziness.

Thank you for your description. It’s how I understand each one as well.

Speed - rozena<t05fx<T80
Spin - Rozena<t80<T05fx
Throw angle?

Control and blocking ability I’m not sure about without testing but I’m guessing rozena would be the best one for this aspect.

What are the throw angles of each? What I love about dignics is it’s control, not so sensitive to spin and how direct the blocking is which makes placement so great. What is T05fx like in this regard?

No worries!

You've got the speed right. As for the spin, I think T05 FX is easier to generate spin with but you can produce more spin out of the T80 with the right technique.

As for the throw angle, the arc will be fairly similar between T05 FX and T80, maybe you get a bit more with T05 FX and again, it's easier to generate. Rozena is linear compared to those two and will be much less sensitive to incoming spin, also best at blocking but T80 is not that far off in that regard. T05 FX is pretty good for blocking also but it is softer so a bit harder to block with than the other two.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Just been reading through some reviews of Rozena (not just this thread in others too) and wondered what people are currently thinking about it, if people using it still and are happy or found alternatives?

I've been playing with it for probably for over a year, maybe a year and a half and have had 4 sheets of it. I have it either side of a Harimoto IF (have tried it out on faster and slower blades too TBS and Primorac) I like it on the FH can generate good spin, consistent and works pretty well. But on the BH theres something just not clicking with it for me - its ok nothing more, its not like i don't like it but just not feeling it and I don't have the same confidence with it, and certainly not as consistent with it.

Now before everyone says about technique - my BH is my weaker side but i have been practicing a lot and working on it. Its just not developing at the same level. Theres only a couple of games left of the current season so thinking when its over experimenting with a dif BH rubber to see if that helps. Ive tried T05 in the past on both sides - but dropped down to Rozena for consistency and being a little spin sensitive - but have improved since then. So could try that again. But am also thinking trying T05FX? But im not really sure of which way to go - is T05 harder and T05FX softer?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
What blade are you using with the rozena? It's one of my favourite BH rubbers. It's fast stable and you can really feel the ball with its long dwell.

I tried the Rasant PG SFX for extra bits of control and spin and simply missed the rozena's speed.

Note: Rozena needs a carbon blade. At least that's what the Japanese guys recommend. If you're using an allwood, the Factive might be a very similar but better suited option (again, from Japanese blogs)