DHS Goldarc 8 vs Stiga Mantra M

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Hi all. I would like to try one of these 2 rubbers for my backhand, and was wondering, which rubber would be more controllable and linear? Which is slower but generates more spin?
GoldArc 8 47.5 med vs Stiga Mantra M? On a 5 ply all+ blade, YSE.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Take my words with a grain of salt. I have some experience with both, but I know GA8 far better.

I like both a lot and can play just fine with either. Producing spin, for me, felt a bit easier with GA8 than with Mantra M in serving and in pushes. When looping and counterlooping both produce good quality shots, close to each other. Both are very fast, but (again, to me) feel very controllable. As far as linearity goes, I couldn't really say. Both are modern tensor-type rubbers, of course, but both are not extremely bouncy. I could cope with either of them in the touch game, but I think that's very level-relative.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
I use Mantra M red in max on forhand on a Sanwei Fextra blade. And im really impressed about it. I tried ALOT of rubbers maybe about 10 rubbers like Tenergy 05, Razka 7, Andro Rasanter R 47 and so on.
But with Mantra M i really enjoying playing. I can hit all over the table with it, theres no limit with it. The spin is amacing in opening loops with a lower speed but ALOT of spin when i brushes the rubber. In serving its Fantastic.

For my style of playing its the BEST fh rubber ever. Im hoping it will never go out of production

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
I use Mantra M red in max on forhand on a Sanwei Fextra blade. And im really impressed about it. I tried ALOT of rubbers maybe about 10 rubbers like Tenergy 05, Razka 7, Andro Rasanter R 47 and so on.
But with Mantra M i really enjoying playing. I can hit all over the table with it, theres no limit with it. The spin is amacing in opening loops with a lower speed but ALOT of spin when i brushes the rubber. In serving its Fantastic.

For my style of playing its the BEST fh rubber ever. Im hoping it will never go out of production

Can you say more about the difference between rakza 7 and Mantra M ? I hesitate between both

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
I really fell every Ball on the racket crisp and controlling both active and passive shots with Manta M.
The rubber doesnt surprice you wtih catapult effect. You get power in your shots if you want to attact no tensor in it, whitch i really like.

Razka 7 is also a okay rubber.
Much more spin sensitive than Mantra M.
Thinking Razka 7 is a older type of modern rubber.

Reactions: Wister
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Mantra M is japanese made, GA8 is german made.
Just by that it is easy to say Mantra is more linear, has better topsheet and lasts longer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
GoldArc should be somewhat spinnier

Not sure about that. Played with the 47,5 degree version a while ago and thought it was really good, comparable to bluefire/Evolution and co. But I thought the Mantra M was a different beast altogether, up there with tenergy05 (and quite similar in the Made-in-Japan style playing characteristics).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
I somewhat like this reasoning from principles, but still don't subscribe to its conclusion.

that's ok. From my experience, it is mostly true though. ESN rubbers have more factory tuning and perform significantly worse after 2-3 months.

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
that's ok. From my experience, it is mostly true though. ESN rubbers have more factory tuning and perform significantly worse after 2-3 months.

I think I glued on my GA8/50 early july, and am nearing that mark (with about 10-12 hours of play in a good week). You did rouse my interest in Mantra, but I'm not done with my little infatuation with a hardish FH rubber just yet so might give Mantra H a thought or two. Hopefully I'll come across somebody playing it.

Last edited:
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Mantra H is actually a pretty decent rubber for fh. It is faster than a lot of esn rubbers. I like it as a bh rubber. It packs a punch.

Even more of a punch than GA8 at 50º does? That's already quite punchful to me.

But that's not what I like most about it. The best part (to me) is not the availability of the high gears, but the lack of bounciness in the lower gears. I do get to blast past my opponents with quality shots, true, but it's the reliability I get in the short game that seals it for me. Tight and spinny short pushes if I want them to be. This helps a lot. Is Mantra (esp. H) like that also?

This user has no status.
Without having as much xp as you folks, I would say short game is where I find the mantra (M in my case) a bit lacking. It is a fast rubber and as long as you have confidence in your strokes you can definitely go quite far with it (especially on flat hits when you manage to get a bit of high ball back), but the short game requires a very good touch to be efficient (especially in 2.1mm).

I personally use it as a fh rubber, paired wit a 2.2mm genesis 2 M in the backhand, which I particularly like.

Last edited: