feedback for the rubber required from all respected members.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]Hello All respected members,
which is the best rubber for great spin with great control...speed can be average since i have viscaria blade to compensate for....
i am looking for my BH and FH.....i have tried tibhar mx-p and mx-s but both does not has that much of the control and i am not able to place the ball at the place where i want to place it due to it too much of the speed. from the internet reviews i am thinking of tibhar EVOLUTION FX-S, tibhar EVOLUTION FX-P and tibhar AURUS SOUND since i trust Tibhar....what are your views?

but will they be like xiom vega pro?
i have tried vega pro previously but didn't like it due to insufficient spin and speed and it is not good in lifting the backspin even i find mx-s, mx-p easier to use than vega
pro...but now due to the high speed of the MX* rubber i am finding the difficult to control and feel the ball and that's why want to change my rubber.
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]Thanks and regards.[/FONT]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
Veg pro is not comparable to mxp. Probably omega v pro

absolutly agree sir,
my only concern is that fx-s, fx-p, el-s are not similar to the vega pro...since i have tried vega pro and felt not suitable for my game [not sufficient spin and speed]

i am looking for a rubber which has spin can be < (mxp and mxs) [if it is more than it is good for me] but control >> [way more than, since i am finding it very difficult to keep ball on to the table while blocking or while full arm topspin](mxs, mxp) ....and speed is average since i have fast blade.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
i have tried vega pro and felt not suitable for my game [not sufficient spin and speed]

Are you sure rubbers are the issue? I am not saying VP tops the chart in either of these characteristics but "not sufficient" is something else (there are quite a few players worldwide better than most of us will ever be, who still rely on it).
By all means, try softer rubbers for *more easily accessible* speed and spin but apart from the obvious and most important (training and coaching), maybe the blade is what you should be looking at first?

I am working on assumptions from the little you have posted, but from "i am not able to place the ball at the place where i want to place it due to it too much of the speed" I am thinking even tamer Evo rubbers (still lively!) may be too short a step in the direction you should be going. You know better of course, just food for thought.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
Just go with FX-S. If you need to slow it down then also use a thinner sponge.

just one thing to clear before i go with it...
is it better than aurus, aurus soft in terms of control and spin?....since i find very less review for fx-s on variuos forums!

This user has no status.
just one thing to clear before i go with it...
is it better than aurus, aurus soft in terms of control and spin?....since i find very less review for fx-s on variuos forums!

FX-S is a newer rubber that seems to be an improvement over FX-P (which is much older). TTD did a nice review of FX-P and EL-S. https://youtu.be/mg73LXt3KM8

I personally like the “-S” topsheets from Tibhar better than the “-P” topsheets. They seem more stable. I played with EL-S for a while.

I haven’t tried Aurus that much. I’m only familiar with Aurus Prime.

Also, you should consider Andro Hexer Grip SFX (TTD did a nice review of that as well).

Finally, you should probably avoid the max thickness sponge if you are having control issues. Personally I was able to develop my forehand loop using a very soft Xiom Vega Europe DF rubber (2.0mm) with an all wood OFF- blade. (After that I gradually worked my way up to harder sponge rubbers with max thickness)

Last edited:

i have tried vega pro previously but didn't like it due to insufficient spin and speed and it is not good in lifting the backspin even i find mx-s, mx-p easier to use than vega
pro...but now due to the high speed of the MX* rubber i am finding the difficult to control and feel the ball and that's why want to change my rubber.

I don't think that you'll like the speed and spin of FX-P/S if you don't like the speed and spin of Vega Pro.
They are not faster and not with more spin.

But who knows, maybe you'll find the FX more suitable for your game.

Anyway I think that the problem here is more on the blade side.

Reactions: Ioiettino
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
FX-S is more dynamic, on huge shots where you really lay the wood into it, that puppy barks REAL loud and players in the hall start looking at you like you been shootin' up in the alley... I have FX-S on a second bat, super sot sponge for softies like me. I still say if OP cannot handle FX-P, it is time to hire a DJ.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
you play all wood blade on second setup?
I find FXS very slow and its propably for OFF++ players

is it so? :(
have you tried it on composite blade?

i am thinking it to try it on viscaria....
mxp and mxs are too fast on viscaria and very hard to keep ball onto the table while blocking and full topspin, thats the reason for change...

also some people recomment aurus but as per the info available on to Tibhar site fx-s is better!SPEED/CONTROL/SPIN
AURUS SELECT 108/90/115
EVOLUTION FX-S 118/88/122

should i believe them?

Last edited:
Try Vega Tour.
Its very spiny, faster than Vega Pro but slower than MX, very good control.
All other aspects depend on the technique.
I don't think that you'll ever find a rubber meeting All your requirements, as they are a bit controversial.
Pay attention to the core of your style and develope with proper technique the problematic elements.
Omega V Pro or Asia are options too.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Like Ioiettino, I think the problem might either be with your blade or technique or both.

I've always had an easier time with a control blade with fast rubbers than I did with a fast blade with soft rubbers, but maybe it's just me... I'm not a force of nature like Der_Echte here!

Viscaria is very fast, quite hard and thus hard to control. I think you could gain from a control yet fast all-wood blade such as the Butterfly Korbel or inner carbon Innerforce ALC even if you stuck to MX-P.

If you want to stick to Viscaria, rubbers such as Tenergy 05 FX (not as soft as FX-P) or Nittaku Fastarc C-1 (more controlable than MX-P) might be good options for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: lVegita
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
By no means a respected member, I still might have €.02 of ideas to share.

Composite mass-produced: DHS N301. Butterfly Harimoto or Innerforce ALC. Nittaku Tornado King Power. Andro Treiber CI. Joola Rosskopf Emotion (the only "outer" composite in this shortlist, mitigated by its soft Hinoki top veneer).

All-woods mass-produced: Stiga Azalea. Butterfly Korbel or Hadraw VK.

All these assume an offensive style and are, I'd say, OFF- rated, and I'm somewhat suspecting you like the crisp feel of the Viscaria (and, hence, outers of koto). Some blades I mentioned have softer outers, though.