Hurricane 8 with fast blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Thanks for the innerforce suggestions. On paper it looks like a solution but all those inner carbon material options is another variable. It could well be I’ll end up with one of those eventually but need to understand the behavior of faster wood first. By the time that’s done maybe the prices will have come down :)

Reactions: nivekkan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Update: I got the Stiga Exclusive and moved the rubbers onto it. The whole setup weighs 198.5g! The blade is 91g (this model is designed to be a bit heavy) which is 5g more and slightly elongated compared to the Hadraw SK. With these rubbers it certainly isn’t less top heavy, maybe more so. I guess that’s a feature with these rubbers no matter what. We will see how it plays tonight at the club.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
And how does it play? Well, I got exactly what I wanted - that little extra in awkward positions, the ball now lands on the table, often in really nasty places. I could lay down some real forehand bombs too from mid distance, there is some extra power here for sure. The short touch game is still super controlled. Nice!

The price to pay is the weight, it’s like a baseball bat. If I don’t use the whole body, my shoulder immediately complains.

I’m gonna stick with this for a while. It’s an interesting setup. And when I use the body correctly there is an immediate reward.