VOC-free glue or not?

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Smell it. If it smells like pee, then it's water-based. If it smells like thinner, then it's VOC.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
Looks like the bottles from Hauifu Whale or Dolphin speed glues. My vote is it’s VOC glue. Only a problem if you’re playing sanctioned tournaments

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
I'm confused whether this type of glue is still legal in today's time because it doesn't say anywhere that this glue is a type of speed glue or what not. Legal glue or not? https://imgur.com/gallery/VD1UUSY

there is a very easy solution to your situation: even if it is a speedglue you just need to wait "maybe a day or just a few hours" till its effect vanished and you are fine.

Jan 2018
VOC smell is easy, never would have described water based glue like that though :D

FU2aYaB.jpg

Ok, let's try again. Just look at it. If it looks like milk or condensed milk, then it's water-based. If it looks like snot, then it's VOC.

says Thanks for the suggestion Splasher! I was going to try...
says Thanks for the suggestion Splasher! I was going to try...
Apr 2019
Are the ‘illegal but still sold’ speed glues very easy to apply and remove from wood and (especially) sponge? Cause if they were, the ones of us not playing sanctioned tournaments could be using them, they are apparently cheaper, and perhaps avoid re-gluing every other day, just leave it on and let the VOC and the advantage evaporate..
I wasn’t playing in the speed glue era so I have no idea what these glue were like from an adhesion and removability point of view

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I wasn’t playing in the speed glue era so I have no idea what these glue were like from an adhesion and removability point of view
Man, you missed out on something great :D That smell is basically my madeleine de Proust :D

From adhesion and removability, well it held in place without any issue for a long time, but since the speed glue effect would disappear after ~2h you basically had to remove and reglue about 3 or 4 times during a given tournament day :D

yogi_bear said:
As long as you do not put too many layers of voc glue, it would be easier to remove. Okd glue layers are a problem with VOC.
Yeah, each time I reglue (voc, no speed glue effect) I basically put thick layer of glue, let it dry and then remove the all things (much easier than trying to remove without the added layer) so that I never have more than one layer of glue on my racket.