VOC-free glue or not?

says Thanks for the suggestion Splasher! I was going to try...
Apr 2019
I’m wondering if the speed glue effect was caused by the solvent on players brain :)
Anyway I’m still confuse: are you saying that the adhesion is good and one could use it as a normal glue and just letting the speed effect die? And that removing that type of glue is easier than modern glue, considering people were reglueing constantly? If so what is stopping amateur and non pros from using it just letting the VOC evaporate?

This user has no status.
I’m wondering if the speed glue effect was caused by the solvent on players brain :)
heh, and that's not even the best part. Before the speed glue period there was the trichloroethylene period. I mean that was the real deal :D The smell, the high, ... :D

Anyway I’m still confuse: are you saying that the adhesion is good and one could use it as a normal glue and just letting the speed effect die? And that removing that type of glue is easier than modern glue, considering people were reglueing constantly?
Yes, that is mostly what I'm saying.

If so what is stopping amateur and non pros from using it just letting the VOC evaporate?
Well, there's a reason why it's still sold :D

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
[size=+1]ITTF currently using Mini RAE gas sensor to detect VOC glues. 2 (two) RAE units now available from ITTF Headquartire Geneve SWISS.
As per usual, the RAE units would be carried from the Swiss ITTF Headquartire to a playing venue by aircraft. The price of Mini RAE sensor is some USD 7000.

Be happy.[/size]

raesystemspaddledoping.jpg

This user has no status.
... which mostly means that unless you’re playing at an international level nobody will ever check :) I wouldn’t advise using speed glue as they would provide you with an unfair advantage (provided that you manage to remain undetected while sticking to the timeframe, which might prove complicated nowadays. Also you don’t need an expensive gadget to detect speed glue, a functioning nose is enough :)

but voc based glue glue is clearly undetectable by a nose if you glue a couple days before using it and it doesn’t provide any unfair advantage, so...

Apr 2019
Ok so, is there a name of a brand or a product I can look at? I have no interest in getting an advantage or in getting hi on VOC but if the glue is cheaper, glues better and is easier to remove than the non VOC ones, I don’t see the reason for not using it..

Apr 2019
Thanks for the link Bricec. Not in stock though.. I’ll look for something similar. Or give the tear mender bottle try singe I bought it and never used it.. seems to be the easiest thing to remove, just not very clear which method of application is the best!

Edit: just tried tear mender on a blade and rubber I no longer use. I wasn’t impressed with it the application. It started to get dry as soon as I poorer it down and started to spread it.
Never seen such a fast setting speed from voc free nittaku and tibhar I tried so far. Seems to glue well and it’s probably only easier to remove if you lay down thick layers or multiple layers. The thin layer I did come off 100% clean from blade, but from the sponge , half came off In one go in 5 seconds, the other half was just the usual pain in the ass to get it all off.

Last edited:
Apr 2019
Could be but there are water based glues like revolution no. 3 that are easy to remove too.

I’m going to try revolution 3, sounds good thanks for bringing it up. Do you use the standard viscosity and the 3 layers on sponge/2 on the bat technique?

I’m going to try revolution 3, sounds good thanks for bringing it up. Do you use the standard viscosity and the 3 layers on sponge/2 on the bat technique?

I used normal viscosity. I onlh used q thick layer on the sponge and 1 thick layer on the blade. Sometimes, i feel the rev 3 has a small boosting effect compared to other wbgs.