Mxp-50 boosted or stiga mantra h boosted

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Maybe if you ask again on a third thread someone will answer.

Reactions: lVegita
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
But no one answers, so maybe posting it here will get me an answer.

Yeah, I have to tell you, you are not allowed to post a new thread on the same subject simply because nobody answered in the first thread. Truthfully, you may have gotten better answers in the first thread. But I am going to delete the first thread because you cannot keep both.

You don't want to do that again. Two days after nobody answers, you can say something like: "Anyone? This information will be really helpful to me." But you can't just open up new threads on the same subject you have already made a thread on.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Why not read some reviews on the two rubbers? Nobody seems to want to compare them.

What makes you want to try these? Why do you want to boost them?

It seems from your thread about boosting H3 that you don't really know how to boost yet. H3 really benefits from boost. These rubbers may not benefit in the same way from being boosted.

How long have you been playing? What blade do you use? What rubbers are you currently using? Can you give an estimate of your level?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
When i posted that i had never boost before. Here in argentina boosting is not that common. Argentina has 7 categories and i am in the second highest. Been playing forn6 years now, 18 years old male. Previos set up before testing h3 was viscaria with t05 on both sides. I loved the low throw of the boosted h3 and was thinking that these two rubbers would be out of this world woth just a layer. Tried many different rubbers across the years.
But argentina is going through a crisis and spending 40-50 usd on a rubber and not liking it would hurt too much.
Also there must be someone who tried this. I would really apreciate experiences rather than opinions such as " a harder would be better to bost"

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
When i posted that i had never boost before. Here in argentina boosting is not that common. Web hace 7 categories and i am in the second hiest. Been playing forn6 years now, 18 years old male. Previos set up before testing h3 was viscaria with t05 on both sides. I loved the low throw of the boosted h3 and was thinking that these two rubbers would be out of this world woth just a layer. Tried many different rubbers across the years.
But argentina is going through a crisis and spending 40-50 usd on a rubber and not liking it would hurt too much.
Also there must be someone who tried this. I would really apreciate experiences rather than opinions such as " a harder would be better to bost"

I don't get it. You loved H3 but want to try something else? That makes no sense.

If money is tight, either the T05 you were using or the H3 you just recently bought and boosted should be fine.

Either Mantra H or MXP 50 should be excellent too. But this sounds like and EJ issue. And the EJ virus does not go well with being low on funds. :)

Reactions: matzreenzi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Yes you are right. But the thing is i never used chinese rubbers before. And maybe the reason why i loved it so much was because it was boosted. I bought the h3 because my forehand t05 was dead and know im close to changin my backhand t05 and i thought that maybe these where cheapper yet great choices and boosting may make wonders once again. Tenergy here cost 80 usd and mantra or thibar i can get for 50USD. and i allready have the falco tempo long.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
I have tried both, boosted with baby oil. I find mxp50 boosted superior in every aspect. But i prefer the mxp topsheet over the mantra one in general. I also didnt like baby oil on mantra h. Did not feel right to me.
Mxp50 felt good on bh too. However id personally did not risk to play it BH in official matches. Countertopspin, topspin and over the table play feels really good. Opening up could be hard on BH. Depends on your technique of course. On my FH i did not have big issues since the topsheet grips the ball so well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think you can use both But i Do not think you should use booster. Booster is fine if you only want to win now But if you want good developement and win against better players in the future skip the booster.

As a coach for kids i think really fast rackets ans especially booster is like learn to use calcuator instead of learning Math. More of way to try to find a shortcut.

I would try mantra H. I use rakza X and like it so Maybe that would be an option.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
I think you can use both But i Do not think you should use booster. Booster is fine if you only want to win now But if you want good developement and win against better players in the future skip the booster.

As a coach for kids i think really fast rackets ans especially booster is like learn to use calcuator instead of learning Math. More of way to try to find a shortcut.

I would try mantra H. I use rakza X and like it so Maybe that would be an option.

I tried rakza 7 and didnt like it much.