Tiago apolonia zlc or marcos freitas alc

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
Hi guys! Im gonna buy a new blade from Butterfly but i don't know which blade would be better for my style of play. I tend to do powerloops from middle to far from the table, a tricky close to the table play, chop blocks, backhand spin and counter, and mostly all-round play. Can you please told me your experiences with this blades if you own one of them, or both ;)jajaja, pros and cons.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hi guys! Im gonna buy a new blade from Butterfly but i don't know which blade would be better for my style of play. I tend to do powerloops from middle to far from the table, a tricky close to the table play, chop blocks, backhand spin and counter, and mostly all-round play. Can you please told me your experiences with this blades if you own one of them, or both ;)jajaja, pros and cons.

You've just described the very common modern attacking style of play. Both blades fit these characteristics, it just comes down to your level or preference in touch/feel.

The Freitas ALC is harder and faster and feels quite bouncy and is hard to control. The Apolonia is an inner ZLC so it feels a bit like an all-wood blade in the short and slow game, and therefore has more touch, but it has a lot of kick and speed once you start to accelerate and the carbon kicks in.

The Apolonia is a safer bet no matter your level or if you favor touch and control over hardness and outward speed. The Freitas is for very advanced players who don't mind a hard blade that's extremely fast.

Last edited:
This user has no status.

Marcos Freitas. Period.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

What are you currently using? What has made you think you want either of these blades?

Reactions: nivekkan
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Have you ever tried either one? If not why do you think those are the blades you want? Maybe you are a fan of those players? My advice is don't buy expensive blades you haven't tried. Maybe someone at your club has one you can hit with?