Globe 999 National?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
lol, ok. I'll post my experience with it again.

Firstly, you can buy it at ttnpp. They have the best price AFAIK.
The rubber is still very spinny and high throw, but not very fast, and not very dynamic.
So I would recommend getting one on the softer side and boost it a lot.
The throw angle is between H3 and TG2. So around medium to medium high.
One could see it as a slower, more controlled H3. But I would say that TG2 is better in all aspects.
Remember, Ma Lin used 999 national before he got TG2 designed for him.
But words are just words, try it and make your own judgement.

Reactions: sampletext
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
lol, ok. I'll post my experience with it again.

Firstly, you can buy it at ttnpp. They have the best price AFAIK.
The rubber is still very spinny and high throw, but not very fast, and not very dynamic.
So I would recommend getting one on the softer side and boost it a lot.
The throw angle is between H3 and TG2. So around medium to medium high.
One could see it as a slower, more controlled H3. But I would say that TG2 is better in all aspects.
Remember, Ma Lin used 999 national before he got TG2 designed for him.
But words are just words, try it and make your own judgement.

Thanks for your suggestion, I was just wondering if ttnpp is really legit, I haven't bought from them and I think they kinda look sketchy. Also I would try tg2 but I can't find atleast a provincial version of this rubber. I don't really trust the commercial versions because of the quality

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
They are legit, I have ordered from them before and never had problems.
In fact, I have ordered a globe 999 national before from there.

You are in luck, just recently DHS released TG2 provincial blue sponge.
But it's not widely available yet. I've seen some vendors on aliexpress carry it though.

Reactions: sampletext
https://www.colestt.com/ stores it in the US as well, he was maybe the first one to introduce it. Cole is a very knowledgeable and helpful guy, well respected on this forum. Price is better than ttnpp.

Julian

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
i got myself a regular globe 999( non-national version) , the topsheet is only mildly tacky ( tacky enough to feel the tack when i place my hand on the rubber but no sticky sensation when i run my finger against it) , i really like it so i was wondering if the national version is mildly tacky as well since i can get it in 38degrees compared to the regular that only comes in 40degrees

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
i got myself a regular globe 999( non-national version) , the topsheet is only mildly tacky ( tacky enough to feel the tack when i place my hand on the rubber but no sticky sensation when i run my finger against it) , i really like it so i was wondering if the national version is mildly tacky as well since i can get it in 38degrees compared to the regular that only comes in 40degrees

I got a national version since the op and I think the rubber is close to what your describing. I'm not sure about the non-national version, but the national version is high quality and mildly tacky (mine is 36 degrees in black). Definately go for it if you already like the non-national version. It's a good rubber, although, I think all the posts in this thread talking about its down sides are true.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I got a national version since the op and I think the rubber is close to what your describing. I'm not sure about the non-national version, but the national version is high quality and mildly tacky (mine is 36 degrees in black). Definately go for it if you already like the non-national version. It's a good rubber, although, I think all the posts in this thread talking about its down sides are true.

thanks for the speedy reply man
Also, where did you find a sheet that is 36degrees? i only manage to find 38-41 degrees, 36degrees sounds nice for BH haha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
thanks for the speedy reply man
Also, where did you find a sheet that is 36degrees? i only manage to find 38-41 degrees, 36degrees sounds nice for BH haha

Happy to help! Tabletennisonly is where you can find it. I believe it is based in California with a very good owner and fast email replies.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Happy to help! Tabletennisonly is where you can find it. I believe it is based in California with a very good owner and fast email replies.

haha you are really fast, appreciate your help, do enjoy your day good sir