blade change tip

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
I need advice on a change of wood, I have been playing for 2 years and I have a medium level (advanced beginner) being an offensive player, I have always played tennis and I have evolved quite quickly and I think I still have enough room for improvement, I am currently playing with a yasaka ma lin soft carbon and my doubt is, I want to change to something faster, but I don't know if I choose a very fast blade, type Innerforce Layer ALC and evolve my whole game with it, or take something more intermediate type petr korbel and improve with her and finish defining my way of playing, which is more advisable? I want a blade that lasts for years, since I go to shovel per year due to my improvement, and if you can, also give the opinion of which blade you would choose
thank you

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
Es lo que seguramente voy a hacer, actualmente uso unas gomas rozena, mi intención es seguir con ellas y ir evolucionando la goma, soy consistente en el juego plano y domino a todo jugador, aún a los de nivel superior, y mi tospins me costaba mucho con gente de mejor nivel pero ahora estoy empezando a mejorar, me recomiendas una t05fx para la derecha?

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Es lo que seguramente voy a hacer, actualmente uso unas gomas rozena, mi intención es seguir con ellas y ir evolucionando la goma, soy consistente en el juego plano y domino a todo jugador, aún a los de nivel superior, y mi tospins me costaba mucho con gente de mejor nivel pero ahora estoy empezando a mejorar, me recomiendas una t05fx para la derecha?

I'd also recommend the Korbel. I was using too fast of a blade (and rubbers) when I started playing then switched to the Korbel for several years and it allowed my game to improve much faster.

As fast as rubbers go, I would stick to your Rozenas, they're also great for improvement especially since you say you have trouble dealing with incoming spin (if I have any Spanish left). 1.9mm if you want more control, 2.1 if you want more spin/speed.

If you don't have trouble due to incoming spin thanks to the Korbel and your improved technique in a year of two, you could upgrade to T05 FX in 1.9mm, at least on your FH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Why Do you feel you need to change? Your blade is a good blade. If you change i think you should go for a slower blade without carbon. A faster blade Do not make you better. Rather the opposite many Times.

If you are decided for Butterly, then Korbel is a good choice.

Though I would prefer Rossi Emotion - in AR play its the same speed as Korbel, and a bit faster with power shots.
But it has much greater sweetspot, better control and excellent feel. Perfect for developing intermediate players.

No matter what you choose I would recommend to order lighter one, around 82-84 gr.

Rozena is good.

Reactions: yoass
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
If you are decided for Butterly, then Korbel is a good choice.

Though I would prefer Rossi Emotion - in AR play its the same speed as Korbel, and a bit faster with power shots.
But it has much greater sweetspot, better control and excellent feel. Perfect for developing intermediate players.

No matter what you choose I would recommend to order lighter one, around 82-84 gr.

Rozena is good.

Hard to find a Korbel under 88g. It is well-balanced however.

I need advice on a change of wood, I have been playing for 2 years and I have a medium level (advanced beginner) being an offensive player, I have always played tennis and I have evolved quite quickly and I think I still have enough room for improvement, I am currently playing with a yasaka ma lin soft carbon and my doubt is, I want to change to something faster, but I don't know if I choose a very fast blade, type Innerforce Layer ALC and evolve my whole game with it, or take something more intermediate type petr korbel and improve with her and finish defining my way of playing, which is more advisable? I want a blade that lasts for years, since I go to shovel per year due to my improvement, and if you can, also give the opinion of which blade you would choose
thank you

go for Harimoto ALC

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
Seguramente a petr korbel y continuaré con rozena
Sobre el tema de la t05fx es porque me habían recomendado esta goma para mi estilo, con los de nivel superior fallaba algunos tospins, y ahora empiezo a corregir
Y sobre el cambio, es porque quiero probar una madera más rápida, preferentemente butterfly, y porque aunque en el primer post he indicado una Innerforce ALC (me la habían recomendado) me gustaría probar una de madera
Me informaré sobre Rossi emotion, me puedes dar más información sobre ella?

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Seguramente a petr korbel y continuaré con rozena
Sobre el tema de la t05fx es porque me habían recomendado esta goma para mi estilo, con los de nivel superior fallaba algunos tospins, y ahora empiezo a corregir
Y sobre el cambio, es porque quiero probar una madera más rápida, preferentemente butterfly, y porque aunque en el primer post he indicado una Innerforce ALC (me la habían recomendado) me gustaría probar una de madera
Me informaré sobre Rossi emotion, me puedes dar más información sobre ella?

If you want faster/spinnier than Rozena, T05 FX in 1.9 is the next step up. You will lose quite a bit of control however, and T05 FX is a lot more sensitive to incoming spin.

Likewise, after you've played with the Korbel for a while, the IF ALC or Harimoto are the next step up in terms of speed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Excellent choice!

Yea, I had to call around to get my hands on a 86-87g Korbel JP.

Which thickness Rozena are you planning to use?

After I received it, it felt so light I started to contemplate whether it might be too light after reading Carl’s comments about how good the heavier Korbels play. But I don’t need a too fast blade right now.

I thought about using 1.7, but figured that might be too thin and not help much with my development. So I’ll stick to 1.9 for a while before moving up to 2.1.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
The Euro Korbel should be easier to find at lighter weights, but I would go the opposite way of light.

Having one at 87g (euro version) and one at 97g (japan version), personally, I would vote for the heavier blade, specially if you go with the euro one.
But this is personal.

As for the handle, that you asked, the euro version has a wider handle, which I like the most, but both are nice handles, and none of them are as thin as a really old Korbel I have tried, so I guess this thin handle thing is for older versions.

Btw, I find it really funny that you went "Ah, screw this English thing, Im going Spanish" :D

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
After I received it, it felt so light I started to contemplate whether it might be too light after reading Carl’s comments about how good the heavier Korbels play. But I don’t need a too fast blade right now.

I thought about using 1.7, but figured that might be too thin and not help much with my development. So I’ll stick to 1.9 for a while before moving up to 2.1.

You got the right idea, and you can always get a heavier Korbel later on, but 86g is not too light, it usually starts to be a nice sturdy blade at that weight, I don't go bellow that.

1.7 often feels too thin and I'd say especially so on a rubber like Rozena which is not so dynamic to begin with. You'll be more than fine with 1.9 and can later go up.

Enjoy!