Why is yogi_bear banned? :o

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yogi has a temporary ban that is the result of some language he used and some posts he made with direct personal attacks in a thread when a few members were questioning the information he was presenting.

The moderation team at TTDaily took a long time to decide how to respond to the scenario. Two members were given warnings for instigating. But those two members were questioning yogi's information. They were not making personal attacks about yogi. They did not use bad language and did not make personal attacks. Their comments were directed at the information presented not the person.

Yogi, in response made comments that were direct attacks about the people, not about their information, and he used so many bad words that should not have been used, that we are sad that it happened that way. As a result we needed to give yogi a temporary ban, if for nothing else, to let him cool down as he spends some time away from the forum. However, we do understand that yogi is an important member of the TTDaily community and gives a lot of excellent information and help to people who have equipment questions.

So, yogi will be back soon. But, because of a lapse in judgment, he just needs to be off the forum for a little while.

Thank you for understanding.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Yogi has a temporary ban that is the result of some language he used and some posts he made with direct personal attacks in a thread when a few members were questioning the information he was presenting.

The moderation team at TTDaily took a long time to decide how to respond to the scenario. Two members were given warnings for instigating. But those two members were questioning yogi's information. They were not making personal attacks about yogi. They did not use bad language and did not make personal attacks. Their comments were directed at the information presented not the person.

Yogi, in response made comments that were direct attacks about the people, not about their information, and he used so many bad words that should not have been used, that we are sad that it happened that way. As a result we needed to give yogi a temporary ban, if for nothing else, to let him cool down as he spends some time away from the forum. However, we do understand that yogi is an important member of the TTDaily community and gives a lot of excellent information and help to people who have equipment questions.

So, yogi will be back soon. But, because of a lapse in judgment, he just needs to be off the forum for a little while.

Thank you for understanding.

To be fair, it was clear that yogi was not in his normal state, and he even mentioned that he was having a bad day, and yet, a member entered the discussion just to trigger yogi even more and then go “Hey Carl, are you going to let him do this?”, along with other nonsense accusations. So even if the other members didn’t use bad words, the bad intentions were evident.
I’m not questioning the mods decision, I’m just saying that pure bad intentions can be worse to a community than bad language.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
How long will he be grounded? I'm itching to re-leak the pictures for Stiga's DNA series before the launch date which is less than 2 days away...

CavernousIllegalAnemone-size_restricted.gif

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
I missed the whole situation and I'm not that active on this forum. However even just checking things from time to time I have noticed that yogi seemed line nice dude.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Well I am partly to blame I guess. But it was really just a couple of unfortunate coincidences.
It just happens sometimes, and this shows that it can happen to anyone.

Reactions: nivekkan
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yogi has been a very good forumer over the years. I was very surprised at the language in his posts. I got the feeling that something outside of the forum was bothering him.

This is quite true. Something from outside the forum was going on for Yogi. This and the fact that he has been a stellar forum member for years is why we chose the ban period we chose. We are sure that in different circumstances Yogi would have responded differently. But the truth is, if any other forum member said any of the multiple things Yogi said yesterday and the day before, the ban would be permanent. We just do understand the extenuating circumstances and the track record Yogi does already have.

Perhaps us forum moderators have been a little lax of late and have missed some stuff. But curse words, calling people names, any kind of personal attack, these things are not okay. You can have a heated discussion about a subject. But if it turns to personal attacks, it is just not okay. If you see that kind of behavior, you guys should reach out to Dan, Giang and me. Us moderators should be able to handle that discretely and effectively.

To be fair, it was clear that yogi was not in his normal state, and he even mentioned that he was having a bad day, and yet, a member entered the discussion just to trigger yogi even more and then go “Hey Carl, are you going to let him do this?”, along with other nonsense accusations. So even if the other members didn’t use bad words, the bad intentions were evident.
I’m not questioning the mods decision, I’m just saying that pure bad intentions can be worse to a community than bad language.

I was surprised when Yogi said what he said to the second person in the thread that he attacked. It was pretty bad what Yogi said. And I did not feel what that second person said was much of a big deal. And....I had already told Yogi not to post any more on the forum for the next 24-36 hours before he made that comment. I had told him that Dan, Giang and I would handle the rest and he should just lay low and cool off because he was having a bad day.

In my personal opinion, when someone is instigating and trying to cause an exaggerated reaction from you, All Of Us, we need to step back, take a few hours and only respond when we are not angry. This will cause the response to be much more well thought out.

There is never a reason to launch a personal attack against another forum member in response to hotly contested arguments about TT equipment information. Truthfully, even if someone personally attacked you, responding in kind will only escalate the situation. Staying on subject or ignoring the offending forum member and bringing it to the attention of the moderators is the best way to respond to things like that.

This does not make what the two who were instigating did okay. But someone saying, "I don't believe you. Where did you get that information. Why doesn't anyone else have that information. It is a bit shady that you are saying you have info about equipment nobody else has, and asking people to PM you for more info." Should not cause the response of "I don't have to answer you. You are a blankety blankety blankety blank." No matter what. I have cleaned up all the language there. But that was the actual gist of the argument.

How long will he be grounded? I'm itching to re-leak the pictures for Stiga's DNA series before the launch date which is less than 2 days away...

He should be back soon. But not in two days.

Thanks for your understanding guys.

Last edited:
Well, the reaction of yogi is bad, but he has been severely provoked.
At the same time this provocation was a logical and expected result to his statements about "information he would not share".
There is a great difference Who makes that statement and, respectfully, what would be the audience reaction.
If a Brand make an announcement "We have great news for you, but for now we'll keep the secret", that will just keep curiosity live. The Brand is a non-personalized institution and you can't jump to a 1:1 fight with it to get an answer, so you have to wait, or at least satisfy your information hunger with forum speculations on the subject. On the other hand the forum member is a personalized active conversation participant and as such should expect the logical result of such statements.
What happened for me is not a big deal, it happens very often in real life too, so let it pass.
But anyway its good to keep good manners and avoid speach violence escalation.

Last edited: