Breaking News - Mizutani Exposed for Cheating

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
kPmyXn7.png

On Sep 26, in an article titled "東京五輪メダル候補 卓球王子 水谷準選手の“禁じられた恋”の話", tabloid magazine Josei7 gives a detailed account of Mizutani's extramarital affair with then underage Emi-san(19, pseudonym).

https://www.news-postseven.com/archives/20190926_1457718.html
卓球・水谷隼に男女トラブル、被害届も 相手女性の告白

gatNLdg.jpg

男女トラブルが発覚した水谷選手(共同通信社)

順調にスターダムにのし上がってきた“卓球王子”の身に、あるトラブルが降り掛かっている。東京五輪開幕まで残り1年を切った重要な時期だ。不運なのか、それとも身から出た錆か。当事者たちの話を聞いた。

「あまり感情を表に出さないタイプの水谷さんが、この夏は暗い表情ばかり浮かべていました。親しい人によれば、弁護士や警察にまで相談するような悩み事があったとか」

卓球選手の水谷隼(30才)の知人は、彼の変化をこう明かす。

17才で全日本選手権を当時最年少で制覇。以来、卓球界を牽引し、リオデジャネイロ五輪では団体銀メダルに貢献。個人でも、シングルスで男女通じて日本初となる銅メダルを獲得した水谷。

来年の東京五輪でもメダル獲得が期待されている彼は、人知れず男女トラブルに巻き込まれていた。

発端は都内の会員制ラウンジ『X』だった。ラウンジとは、キャバクラやクラブのような「夜の飲食業」の1つだが、会員制を謳う高級店が多く、接客する女性がタレントやモデルの卵というケースが少なくない。特にXは女性のレベルが高いと評判の人気店で、客も芸能人やスポーツ選手、経営者などが多いことで知られている。

水谷がその店を訪れたのは今年5月のこと──。

さて、水谷は東京五輪を集大成に掲げている。しかし、後輩たちの台頭もあり、盤石とはいえない状況だ。

「シングルスの代表は、来年1月時点の世界ランキングで上位2名が選ばれます。昨年、全日本選手権の10連覇を狙っていた水谷は、“チョレイ”の雄叫びとともに急成長を遂げた張本智和(16才)に完敗。以後、エースの座を彼に明け渡しています。さらに丹羽孝希(24才)も侮れない存在です」(スポーツ紙記者)

さらに水谷は今年2月、卓球専門メディアに「球がほとんど見えていない」と“視界”の問題を告白。その後、サングラスを調整するなどして見え方は改善しつつあるが、五輪選考の大事な年に、足元がぐらつき始めている。

そんなストレスを抱える日々の息抜きのためか、水谷はXを訪れ、ある女性と出会う。ロングヘアに大きな瞳が印象的な橋本環奈似の美女、エミさん(19才・仮名)だ。彼女こそ水谷の「苦悩」の原因だが、それを語るにはエミさん自身に回顧してもらう必要がある。エミさんが振り返る。

X8pKRp4.jpg

水谷との“トラブル”について答えたエミさん

「彼は知人男性と4人で飲みに来ていました。席に着くなり新聞を読み始めた彼には驚きました。“こういう店、あまり来ないから緊張しちゃって”って。穏やかで優しい人という印象でした。私はスポーツに疎くて、彼を知らなかったんですが、一緒に来た男性が“有名人だからLINE交換しなよ”と教えてくれて、そこから毎日連絡を取り合うようになりました。私のことを気に入ってくれて、“好きだ”とか“かわいい”って何度も言ってくれたんです。“連絡くれないと拗ねるよ”って言ったり、かわいいところがあって、電話すると必ず1時間は話していました」

会話の大半は卓球に関するものだった。水谷はエミさんにすっかり心を許していた。

「五輪後は“引退して株投資をやる”と言っていました。張本選手たちについては“生意気なんだ”と愚痴りながらも、“おれがいなくなれば彼らも責任感が生まれてもっと強くなる。後輩の邪魔をするのは嫌。潔く引退しないと”とも言っていました」(エミさん)

エミさんも水谷の穏やかな性格に好感を持っていた。出会いから1か月後の6月下旬の深夜、水谷に呼び出されたという。

「“練習場がある川崎(神奈川)にいるから、おいで”と呼ばれたんです。居酒屋で食事をした後、朝5時半頃までカラオケボックスにいました。彼は、EXILEや米津玄師、清水翔太の曲を歌っていました。そのうち甘えてきて、“仮眠したい”と頼まれて膝枕をしたり、後ろからハグされ、そしてキスまでされてしまって…」(エミさん)

◆水谷さんは弁護士をたてた

水谷は6年前に学生時代の卓球部の後輩と結婚し、1人の娘がいる。

「奥さんは調理師免許を取り、栄養面で彼をサポートしています。リオ五輪では現地でずっと応援し、彼も感謝していました。水谷さんは家族思いで、娘さんを溺愛しています。“娘に嫌われたら生きていけない”なんて言っているぐらいです」(前出・知人)

エミさんにも妻とのなれ初めを明かしたり、娘の写真を見せたこともあったという。

「だからこそ戸惑いました。お店の人からは、“有名人やお金持ちのお客さんは必ずキープして”と言われていました。だから、彼に気に入られなければと店の外でも会ったのですが、既婚者の彼の要望にどこまで応えればいいのかがわからなかった。私には彼氏もいるし…水谷さんの要求が、これ以上エスカレートしたらと不安を感じるようになりました」(エミさん)

その不安が現実のものとなったのは、カラオケの翌日。深夜、水谷に呼び出され、再び川崎のカラオケボックスへ向かったという。

「合流した時点で彼はかなり酔っていました。その時、私が腰痛持ちだと話したら、“泊まっているホテルにマッサージ機があるから”と言われて。彼自身も“酔っぱらったから休みたい”と言い出して断り切れなかったんです。それで部屋に行くと、キスされてベッドに押し倒されて…驚いて“やめて!”と言ったら、彼も我に返ったようで、“ごめん!”って。彼は“奥さんとしかつきあったことがなくて、女性の扱いになれていない”と弁解していました」(エミさん)

しかし、水谷はその後も変わらず来店。どこか気まずさをおぼえながらも再びカラオケなど外で会うようになったという。

水谷との関係にエミさんは不安を募らせていった。

nBZ0aZm.jpg

ロングヘアでほっそりしたスタイルのエミさん

VTQGPm8.jpg

直撃に答える水谷選手

「当時、私は18才でしたが、そのことを彼に伝えていなかったんです。店からは“お客様には20才と言え”って言われていて…それに恋人の存在も明かせていない。今後どう対応すればいいのか…そう悩んでいた時、私の帰りが遅いことを不審に思った恋人が私の携帯を勝手に見て、水谷さんとの関係を知ってしまったんです。彼は激怒し、水谷さんに詰め寄った。“どう責任とるんだ!”と…。水谷さんは彼のあまりの剣幕に弁護士をたてたので、さらに事態は悪化。大事になってしまった。ハッキリ言えなかった私も悪いのですが、私はもう疲れてしまい、8月にお店を辞めました」(エミさん)

いったい何があったのか、水谷を直撃した。

「この件については警察に被害届を出していますんで、何も話せません」

──大事な時期にトラブルに巻き込まれた?

「自分の立場もわかっていたのですが…今、いろんなかたに相談をしています。早く解決してほしいです」

水谷の知人が明かす。

「彼女に本気で恋をしてしまい、軽率な行動をとってしまったことは水谷さんも猛省しています。ただ、未成年ということは知らず、最後の一線を越えていないというのも事実。水谷さんは奥さんにすべてを話し、平身低頭謝って許してもらえたようです。“あんなかわいい子にモテたことは人生で初めてで舞い上がってしまった。情けない”と落ち込んでいました。この8月のチェコオープンはトラブルの渦中でした。シングルスこそ2回戦敗退でしたが、混合ダブルスでは準優勝。今はもう切り替えているはずです」

10月、水谷はスウェーデンオープンに出場。思わぬトラブルを乗り越え、再び東京五輪の切符を目指して厳しい戦いに挑む。

※女性セブン2019年10月10日号

TfKyVmP.jpg

窓を開けて直撃に答えた水谷選手

Gist of the article:

An acquaintance of Mizutani: "He's a person who doesn't let his emotions show, but he was really gloomy this summer. According to those close to him, Mizutani has been in contact with lawyers and police over his incident.

Mizutani went to this hostess club "X" for the first time in May. Under the constant pressure of being pursued by Harimoto and his eye conditions, he met this Kanna Hashimoto look-alike with that long hair and those big eyes - the root of all evil by the false handle "Emi".

Kanna Hashimoto when she was still a teenager

Emi: "Mizutani said he will retire after Tokyo 2020 and turn to stock investment. He added that Harimoto is a cocky and spoiled brat, that when he retires, Harimoto will grow to become more dependable, that he will become stronger, and as such he won't get in his way and will retire ASAP..."

An acquaintance of Mizutani: "Mizutani's wife is a licensed cook and has been taking care of his nutritional intake. She even flew to Brazil during Rio 2016 and has been supporting his hushand. Mizutani is thankful for that. Mizutani loves her daughter so much, that he once said he wouldn't be able to live on if her daughter ever grows tired of him."

Emi: "This is why I've been so bothered...I wouldn't have met him outside the club if I don't have feelings as well, but I just don't know how to respond to the request of a married man. I have a boyfriend as well, but Mizutani has been making advances at me, which makes me very uneasy."

And so Mizutani asked her out the next night for Karaoke again. "He was already drunk when we met. I told him I felt pain in my lower back. But he said there's a massage chair at the hotel he stayed and that he needed some rest, so I didn't turn him down and tagged along. When we were making out, he pressed me down on the bed. I was shocked and yelled "yamete!" He stopped right there and said sorry. Mizutani expressed that he had never been in another relationship with anyone before other than his wife."

Yet, Mizutani continued to visit. "I was only 18 back then, and I lied to him because those in the club instructed me to lie about my age(TL's note: <20 = underage in Japan). I didn't tell him about my boyfriend either, and I was so troubled. One time I came home late. My boyfriend caught a glimpse of my smartphone and found out. He was so angry and went straight to Mizutani to settle it. Mizutani went to his lawyer and it got worse. Most importantly, I couldn't set the record straight with Mizutani and ultimately I grew tired and left that club in August."

The magazine has got in touch with Mizutani, who expressed that "I'm aware of the situation and has been in contact with various parties. I hope this incident will come to a close soon."

An acquaintance of Mizutani adds that "He really fell in love with that lady. He regrets the fact that he fell for her, but he didn't know she was underage, and he didn't cross the line in the end. Mizutani has told his wife everything, and has been forgiven. It was his first time to be so popular with such a cute girl. He was bothered in the Czech Open, losing in the 2nd round, and finishing 2nd in the XD."

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Not really surprised, I've seen many Japanese street interviews in Tokyo, Kyoto and some other cities about this particular issue of Japanese men going to hostess bars and majority of Japanese women are completely fine with it as long as the husband doesn't catch feelings!, Seems after giving birth to a child , the dynamic of the relationship changes and the man has to seek relief elsewhere, I'm just sad that he has to take this route too

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
So, Mizutani has a consensual relation with a partner slightly, but not even that much, younger — and certainly old enough to be considered a consenting adult.

I fail to see why this is newsworthy, let alone why this should lead to suggestions or lewd assumptions.

I may be lacking in puritanism here, but hey folks, what happens between consenting adults within the confines of law is entirely up to them. Move along, none of anybody’s business there.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
So, Mizutani has a consensual relation with a partner slightly, but not even that much, younger — and certainly old enough to be considered a consenting adult.

I fail to see why this is newsworthy, let alone why this should lead to suggestions or lewd assumptions.

I may be lacking in puritanism here, but hey folks, what happens between consenting adults within the confines of law is entirely up to them. Move along, none of anybody’s business there.

I ... would agree. I mean little chit - chat now and then is fine but let's not make it a big deal ... Let's keep it on the table ... so to speak ; )

I mean Zeio alway has intersting news and it's probably nothing to be proud of for Jun, but I'd rather hear about him recovering to his previous form ... say like 4-5 years ago ..

Last edited:
Jan 2018
A quick update.

The media in China[1], Hong Kong[1, 2], and Taiwan[1] have picked it up.

Sina Sports was the first to report it and literally translated the entire piece with an addendum that sums it up well.

以上是日文的报道内容,很多日本的体育明星都很早就结婚生子,得到妻子的照料努力比赛。但是因为结婚过早,在职业生涯中碰到问题后,需要新的倾诉对像[象],就容易被婚外情所诱惑。这篇并非是体育专业周刊杂志的文章也传达了很多的内容,包括水谷隼对张本智和的评价,很有可读性,因此《新浪体育》对此翻译,以餮[飨]新浪网的读者。
Above is the content of the Japanese report. Many Japanese sports stars marry early to build a family, and they have been cared for by their wives. However, because of early marriage, after encountering setbacks in their careers, they need a new partner to speak to, which makes them prone to extramarital affairs. Even though this article is not from a professional sports magazine, it contains valuable insights, including Mizutani's view of Harimoto and is food for thought. Therefore, "Sina Sports" translates this for the benefit of the readers of Sina.com.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
I ... would agree. I mean little chit - chat now and then is fine but let's not make it a big deal ... Let's keep it on the table ... so to speak ; )

I mean Zeio alway has intersting news and it's probably nothing to be proud of for Jun, but I'd rather hear about him recovering to his previous form ... say like 4-5 years ago ..

Yours truly wouldn't have posted it if it has nothing to do with table tennis. A few years back, there was another scandal where Mizutani's relationship with her current wife(they weren't married yet) was in danger but that one really had nothing to do with table tennis. Not this one. This one has serious implications for his eligibility for Tokyo 2020.

To give you an example. There's this Japanese badminton player Kento Momota, who got caught gambling some time before Rio 2016. He got suspended and it cost him his spot ultimately. But after that incident, he grew a lot and has since won the singles of BWF World Championships 2018 and 2019 and many other titles. He's currently the World No. 1 and favorite for Tokyo 2020. Not unlike what happened to ZJK.

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Yours truly wouldn't have posted it if it has nothing to do with table tennis. A few years back, there was another scandal where Mizutani's relationship with her current wife(they weren't married yet) was in danger but that one really had nothing to do with table tennis. Not this one. This one has serious implications for his eligibility for Tokyo 2020.

Don't get me wrong, you are our best source of great info from far Asia Zeio ... ; ) this kind of news are unavoidable in some way. I was referring more to what we make of it.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
You mean even if Jun was beating Harimoto and the whole CNT ... this would still affect his Tokyo participation ... ?

Sorry for quoting myself, but I'm not sure how those kind of things are treated in Japan. Is it considered seriously by the JNT, in terms how it affects the team image etc.. ?

ps. Couln't find changes in the original post (edited 6 hours ago ...)

Last edited:
Jan 2018

Thank you for proving what I wrote is still true to this date. You folks possess the Western values that are completely at odds with the cultural values of the East. Choke full of arrogance and disregard for other cultures.

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...Asian-Cup-2018&p=227440&viewfull=1#post227440
This is why it's so difficult to hold a technical discussion on English-speaking forums. The East and West are not on the same page, at all. The overall mentality of various folks here is so yesteryear. Disconnected, to be blunt. And not just the amateurs, even the pros could be superstitious.

Jan 2018
Sorry for quoting myself, but I'm not sure how those kind of things are treated in Japan. Is it considered seriously by the JNT, in terms how it affects the team image etc.. ?

ps. Couln't find changes in the original post (edited 6 hours ago ...)

Post #15.