long lasting blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
Hi all
this horse probably has been beaten to death many times here but im gonna try asking my question anyway.
i need a blade advice. I started TT recently and im a total beginner. I do it to stay fit and healthy and cuz i like TT a lot. I am 34 and as i never plan on playing professionally i want to spend as little money on this as possible. I bought a inzone safe all blade with some decent rubbers and was happy with it until one day i made an awkward movement and hit the edge of the table. That put a pretty deep dent on the blade. I couldnt believe how easily it got damaged. I can still play with it but i dont think it will last long. It seemed like this paddle was made from pressed sawdust.
Anyhow, as at some point im probably gonna need a new one, so could you guys give me some advice on a blade that is more robust so it can last me a few years? I understand that its my fault and you gotta take care of your equipment but theres also a limit to how smushy this stuff can be. We are talking a medium all, safe all, beginner friendly semi slow stuff. Preferrably moderately priced as well :D
thanks in advance.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Sanwei M8, 2 sheets of KTL Pro XP. Should set you back less than $30.

Unless you hit it on something, all blades should last decades. Try putting on some foam side tape.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Lasta's recommendation is pretty good.

This blade is good to:

Yinhe Galaxy 896 (it costs about $16.00)

Something like these rubbers would also be quite good:

Dawei XP2008
Dawei Inspirit
729 any version
The Gambler rubbers are good and inexpensive too.

Nothing is as good for the price as XP2008 though.

This is not a bad place to get good, inexpensive stuff:

http://www.colestt.com/index.php

Cole only sells things he likes and would use that is reasonably priced.

Last edited:
Reactions: ttmonster
Dawei XP2008 seems to have been discontinued. I understand that it was not ITTF approved and there were some issues. It doesn't seem to be available anywhere right now.

There are a couple of shops on aliexpress selling "Super Power 2008" which I think is similar, but only a few sheets left so the whole thing might be on its way out. I'm not sure it's a good idea to recommend this rubber going forward.

Julian

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
The rubbers you are suggesting is it china rubber or regular rubbers? Migth be a bit more fun nd easier ro use regular rubbers. I mean many tacky rubbers are so slow because they are rockhard and have so much grip.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The rubbers you are suggesting is it china rubber or regular rubbers? Migth be a bit more fun nd easier ro use regular rubbers. I mean many tacky rubbers are so slow because they are rockhard and have so much grip.

The Dawei rubbers and the Gambler rubbers are Chinese imitations of Euro/Japanese type rubbers.

I realize, the OP should probably take a photo of the damaged blade.

Sometimes things that are worrisome to a newer player are not really a problem when you are talking about damage from the blade being banged on the edge of the table. That happens. And if you have force and speed in the stroke and smack the edge, there are no blades that will withstand that.

As far as 2008XP and 2008 Super Power, I am not so sure there is a notable difference. But the Dawei Inspirit is an excellent rubber as well and so are the Gambler rubbers.

Reactions: Lula and splasher78
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The Dawei XP 2008 Super Power is still around, and there was a version of it without the "Super Power". The XP 2008 Super Power rubber has been around for well over a decade.

Cole from www.colestt.com still sells it still and if you look around, some places still sell it.

That rubber grew my BH from learning a moderate speed rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
The Dawei rubbers and the Gambler rubbers are Chinese imitations of Euro/Japanese type rubbers.

I realize, the OP should probably take a photo of the damaged blade.

Sometimes things that are worrisome to a newer player are not really a problem when you are talking about damage from the blade being banged on the edge of the table. That happens. And if you have force and speed in the stroke and smack the edge, there are no blades that will withstand that.

As far as 2008XP and 2008 Super Power, I am not so sure there is a notable difference. But the Dawei Inspirit is an excellent rubber as well and so are the Gambler rubbers.

Thanks, you have a good point there

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
And maybe adding some thick protective foam tape might help if you have a tendency to hit your blade to the table..

20181022_185244.jpg