Equipment assistance

I have heard that the national ones are actually fake. Because if you think about it, national means the rubbers are made to be used by the national team exclusively, right?(I could be wrong). If it is,doesn't the act of selling you a national version violate the point of the national version? Why should you be able to use that? Where do they smuggle it from?

It just sounds fishy to me. Yes, even the fake(national blue sponge/ provincial) ones might play better than commercial ones but they just inflate the price to a ridiculous degree because they make it sounds like it is the real one that would have been used by the national team but stole it somehow and sold it to you.

But even if it is real, I wouldn't be able to afford it. In short, if you are absolutely fixed on DHS, just buy the commercial ones and boost it if you want to. If not, you would have to break in manually.I don't really get what "break in" means either but I guess it means hitting the dead hard sponge with balls to make the sponge softer eventually.

I find the Nittaku hurricane pro III turbo blue (50 deg hardness) to be the closest to the DHS hurricane but with better quality control and factory boosting from my research(I want to try it but I haven't have the chance yet.). If you don't know yet, the DHS quality control is pretty crappy.

According to the revspin website, the Nittaku Hurricane pro 3 turbo blue is extremely hard and heavy. This might follow the rule of hit hard go fast, hit soft go slow rule. That's a drawback for me that I wouldn't adapt to soon.

Reactions: nivekkan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
According to the revspin website, the Nittaku Hurricane pro 3 turbo blue is extremely hard and heavy. This might follow the rule of hit hard go fast, hit soft go slow rule. That's a drawback for me that I wouldn't adapt to soon.

Why not go for orange sponge since it’s softer. I’m kind of in the same boat as you since most of my learning and experience is with H3. I’m currently trying out harder rubber (07asia, Tenrgy 05H, Mantra H). If I was to go back I would look at trying Nittaku H3 Pro orange or Stiga Genesis II M

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Go with BS H3 National if money is no concern. It's worth it. Making use of it is a different story.

This user has no status.
Why not go for orange sponge since it’s softer. I’m kind of in the same boat as you since most of my learning and experience is with H3. I’m currently trying out harder rubber (07asia, Tenrgy 05H, Mantra H). If I was to go back I would look at trying Nittaku H3 Pro orange or Stiga Genesis II M

That is exactly what I'm using lol