says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
FZD: Settle with the team and XD, XX

oR7d9pS.jpg

Reactions: slym
Jan 2018
Bobrow is asking why LJK and not LGY? Well, they're forced to go with LJK because LGY is left-handed as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Wow, that good for nothing LJK somehow saved an incredible match point against him and pulled out game 4. I'm expecting a complete collapse by JYK in game 5 after being so close. Now JYS, prove me wrong.

Jan 2018
jAG34je.jpg

S78W8jw.jpg

I'm good for singles!
yuHep5q.jpg

VI9RjwX.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Yup, as predicted big lead by LJK from the beginning of game 5 to close it out relatively comfortably. Korea lost a rare golden opportunity.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
FZD is back. He is using LSS for target practice. Men's Chinese Olympics is now decided. It will be FZD and ML unless ML doesn't recover.

Jan 2018
Zennoh: Here, take some rice home.

7TSpQih.jpg

gblApsY.jpg

Zennoh: Coupons for 50 lucky persons.
l7tiI7z.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ping fun
So who else than FZD. For sure he had a difficult period recently but he's showing he's back to his top level now, don't you feel so?

I agree, that he is a shoo in for the other Olympics spot, both because there are only 3 realistic candidates for 2 spots and XX is already required for doubles.

But as for him being at his top level again, frankly, no. I don't think so. I think he's definitely getting back on the right track now, but there is still a bit of work to do. That said, he has such depth of talent, that I don't think he necessarily needs to be at his absolute top form. But I don't think he is at it.

The reason I don't think he is at his absolute top form, is because of the way he opens up most of his points these days, with short pushes.

While there is nothing intrinsically wrong with short pushes, it is a more passive way of playing. Pretty much every match he plays lately, his push rallies have gotten shorter, and he has come up with the first attack more often, which is why I think he is on the right track. However, his success rate on those attacks to get out of the short pushes have so far not been fantastic.

The game based on a more aggressive over the table game is inherently a more assertive one, where you take control of the flow of the points. When you are playing well, it is also a far more dominant playstyle (eg FZD last year). I think right now, he's not just choosing to play a more passive style, but judging from his error rate on the first attacks, he's actually not able to play as dominantly as he used to. I think this shows from how much more vulnerable his game looks now, compared to how untouchable (except against ML) he looked last year.

So I think he's probably on the right track, but no, I wouldn't say he's at his top level.