Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
    1. Top | #381
      This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member Country: Christmas Island

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 312 Times in 155 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by yoass View Post
      It's not the lack of apologies about the things that do go with the game, and even though I do think civility matters there playing on and not dwelling on it is of course the thing to do. The prime example is calling a let after losing a point in a doubles game. AFTER the point was scored, a net service was claimed — and then pressuring the umpire into playing that point over. Foul play, and it taints the players guilty of it.
      I am not any SYS fan, but recognize the pressure is intense to unbearable. Fault there lies with the umpire and ITTF system. Imagine a baseball ump changing a strike to a ball because the batter threw a fit. Never. You will get ejected in baseball for arguung balls and strikes. Simple to use the same in TT. Players can ask ump for a call quickly. If they continue arguing warning/point/set/match penalty. Hey Presto! Situation like with SYS will never happen again.

2. The Following User Likes Brs's Post:

Vlad Celler (1 Week Ago)

3. Top | #382
      says modestly attempting kōhaiship
      of Jeul-Tak

Master TTD Member Country: Netherlands
      Equipment:
      Blade Vanity II (D.A.b Studio Custom)
      Forehand Rubber DHS Gold Arc 8/50
      Backhand Rubber Nittaku Fastarc G-1

Reviews
      Read 6 Reviews
      Liked 1,993 Times in 1,061 Posts
      Yes. People make mistakes and can do ugly things, especially under pressure. Of this I (“of all people”) am highly aware.

But people can also bounce back, show improvement — even if only by acknowledgement.

I have seen no such redeeming feats from SYS. Quite the contrary. And that’s what I’m calling out.
      Last edited by yoass; 1 Week Ago at 09:18 AM.

4. Top | #383
      says modestly attempting kōhaiship
      of Jeul-Tak

Master TTD Member Country: Netherlands
      Equipment:
      Blade Vanity II (D.A.b Studio Custom)
      Forehand Rubber DHS Gold Arc 8/50
      Backhand Rubber Nittaku Fastarc G-1

Reviews
      Read 6 Reviews
      Liked 1,993 Times in 1,061 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Brs View Post
      I am not any SYS fan, but recognize the pressure is intense to unbearable. Fault there lies with the umpire and ITTF system. Imagine a baseball ump changing a strike to a ball because the batter threw a fit. Never. You will get ejected in baseball for arguung balls and strikes. Simple to use the same in TT. Players can ask ump for a call quickly. If they continue arguing warning/point/set/match penalty. Hey Presto! Situation like with SYS will never happen again.
      I agree. SYS and WMY should have been penalized immediately by the umpires. But they weren't, and though the umpires share part of the blame for that they themselves are still the prime culprits, undeniably and nonrepudiably responsible for their own misbehaviour.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920