World Team Cup 2019

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Lily played very well against ISHIKAWA. She is really moving very quick and her BH is excellent. Her style is more agressive than most girls even though she can be confident in BH rallies. However I feel her serve/receive game is really far from the very top players. When ITO serves you cannot tell what she is doing. Of course there is only one ITO, but with Lily it seems very easy to know whats in her ball. So she has to deal with strong receives most of the time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
wow had a very long day at the stadium. I never had so much fun. It was not very crowded. Tickets were quite cheap, 40$ for front row seats, and it wasn't even half full, more like 30%. What a shame !
but a good thing for those attending because it was much easier to get signatures or pics with the players...

I watched everything except for the very last bit of Womens Korea v HK and Romania v Taipei... I would have liked to try to get a selfie with Bernie but I was too tired and my friends were leaving ...

will post some pics later

Why do you think the crowd was so sparse? I thought table tennis was supposed to be popular in Japan.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Wait until the weekend. It's gonna be packed.

ticket-3.png

seat.jpg

Reactions: Vlad Celler
Jan 2018
How's the table gloss from the spectator seats? Harimoto thinks it's darker due to the lighting.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Lily played very well against ISHIKAWA. She is really moving very quick and her BH is excellent. Her style is more agressive than most girls even though she can be confident in BH rallies. However I feel her serve/receive game is really far from the very top players. When ITO serves you cannot tell what she is doing. Of course there is only one ITO, but with Lily it seems very easy to know whats in her ball. So she has to deal with strong receives most of the time.
Fully agree. I remember posting about this on MyTT. It's an area that Lily needs to work on. Her game has so many good elements (very good footwork, strong/aggressive forehand, etc), but her serve/receive needs work.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
How's the table gloss from the spectator seats? Harimoto thinks it's darker due to the lighting.
Darker? On the live stream it looks pretty light. Too light for my tastes. Was hoping for a higher contrast, but at least it's still visible (unlike the early rounds at the German Open).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
ITTF: We care about the Asian market, but we'll block you from watching in Asia and force those in Europe to watch instead.

Yet, 4 tables are being streamed on TV Tokyo youtube channel but only available in Japan. :cool:

Do you have a link?
With VPN we all can be Japan..

Jan 2018