World Team Cup 2019

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
More or less the same for 2018 when the new format was implemented. There were a few 3-2 on the men's side.

Quite a few top European and South American players have skipped this tournament and some of the players have been playing non-stop.

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Do you think the participation of W.M.Y. and D.N. would give better results?

(if there is Japan in the final, then China will definitely put out the best roster ....):)

Last edited:
Jan 2018
These 2 table hoarders.

ZWPbbR3.jpg

Li Ching is loud as always. Li Ho Ching should consider retiring. She's stagnated since 2013.

Jan 2018
Is it me, or there is something wrong with the fps of the 1st table's livestream?

Laola1 sux at streaming. ITTF should abandon it and go with Tencent.

Jan 2018
Some in China say he's still going thru rehabilitation.

Jan 2018
She's always been that way in the endgame. Always having problem closing out.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Ishikawa looking so impatient out there. Looks like rating points are on her mind

She has a really difficult position with a rating ..... At TWC-2018 she scored 1500 points .... But here, if she scores 1000, there will already be a lot ....
So, in the December ranking, a loss of 500-750 points is possible .....

(this is not counting the unconditional deduction of 1260 points for November 2018, the reserve is 900)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Watched the match on TV Tokyo. No real suspense, i "knew" from the start it would be 3-0 and it should be the same again, whether its Korea (probably) or Ukraine.

The Japanese pair lost G1 and almost lost G2, but when they seized G2, the Romanians lost their confidence and it was over.

Ito had a real bad start, trailing 1-7 in G1, but from there she won 3-0 (10 7 6), and it was more her mistakes than Szocs' points.

I didn't watch with much focus Ishikawa's game, it was only 3-2 but there was no real scare. Dodean played freely as nobody expected her to win, and put a good performance given her standards, Ishikawa was a bit nervous but there was no doubt she was the much better player and she would prevail in the end. The gap was just too large.

Jan 2018
Right, didn't even raise my pulse through out. It'd be a different story had they lost the doubles.

As long as Ishikawa doesn't make unforced errors, they'd be good. Just like Ito.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Right, didn't even raise my pulse through out. It'd be a different story had they lost the doubles.

As long as Ishikawa doesn't make unforced errors, they'd be good. Just like Ito.

Ishikawa is surprisingly unstable during WD, considering she started XD the earliest (and won the World Championship once) which should have upped her game substantially.

Jan 2018
Ishikawa is surprisingly unstable during WD, considering she started XD the earliest (and won the World Championship once) which should have upped her game substantially.

That's why I bash her all the time. After a decade, she still doesn't give off the sense of reliability one would expect.