says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Semenova does her thing as usual.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
Jan 2018
Niwa is practically a sitting duck.

Harimoto still misses those half-long popups to his FH.

G2, 5:4, 11:4.

Harimoto is pushing his BH shots, missing so much.

Some real and solid FH counterloops from Harimoto.

T4MVVDl.jpg

0P6hvnp.jpg

Subconsciously, Harimoto still opts for the BH instead when the FH is called for, like that point at 11:10.

He could counterloop on the FH away from the table for real now, but he still has to work on his FH close to the table.

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This is as good of a strategic game as I've seen FZD play recently. He's appropriately aggressive, and coming with a good first attack when the opportunity arises, and still using his short play as a change of pace to draw errors from when Harimoto gets impatient.

None of this faffing about for half a dozen short pushes every point he's been doing recently. Good sign of his game coming together nicely for the olympics hopefully, if he gets to play.

Reactions: RidTheKid
Jan 2018
This Trioflor is one slick floor.

Who still believes XX will play singles next year?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Curious ... Korea vs. Ito set Choi Hyojoo ....
(Ito lost to her a couple of years ago ....)

Last edited:
This Trioflor is one slick floor.

Who still believes XX will play singles next year?

You know, ironically, I'd think he'd have a better chance if he weren't so obviously the best player in the world at doubles.

Right now I'm not 100% sold on FZD's comeback, even if I am rooting for him. It wouldn't be inconceivable if the CNT goes for experience over talent, if XX weren't already playing in all the doubles events.

Reactions: zeio
Jan 2018
Curious ... Korea vs. Ito set Choi Hyojoo ....
(Ito lost to her a couple of years ago ....)

Interesting lineup. Secret weapon. Choi beat Ito once several years ago. It was a comeback, too.

Jan 2018
This user has no status.
Harimoto shows no improvement whatsoever in his game.

i don't agree at all, FH away from the table is now world class. He can win rallies against the best Chinese, he showed it today.
The main problem i have seen, especially against Pitchford, is his tendency to choose too often a power-loop for an opener with a very low arc. He has missed many of those, it is too risky. He need to improve his consistency on this shot or choose to do something else.

Reactions: Richie
Jan 2018
Thank table tennis god Tinsue is gonna be the floor supplier. This Trioflor is so slick.

Reactions: akoozab
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
You know, ironically, I'd think he'd have a better chance if he weren't so obviously the best player in the world at doubles.

Right now I'm not 100% sold on FZD's comeback, even if I am rooting for him. It wouldn't be inconceivable if the CNT goes for experience over talent, if XX weren't already playing in all the doubles events.

IT all depends on how matches during olympics will be organized. Surely he will Play XD and doubles and one single in team event.
Lately he was complaing how much exhausted he is. So same thing can happenn during olympics but since the event lasts longer then usual world tour there is a chance for singles event for him.
I still go for ML and XX in singles event.

Jan 2018
Ito will get to play 2 singles this time.