World Team Cup 2019

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
i mean they couldn't/didn't bother hiding their lineups from each other.

JNT doubles pair was clear to begin with. I guess its more important to build some synergy or play some balls together before to game, then to hide your lineup for a few minutes more.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
SYS is easier to play - there is no such pressure, there is one game won in reserve by the team ....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
did JTN get a smile coach? Especially Ito and Hirano smirking around all game. Never noticed it like this before

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
the only happy japanese right now is ishikawa

Ishikawa needs to cry ... Following the results of this tournament, she may well fly out of the TOP-10 in the December ITTF rating ...
(although, of course, there is also Austria and T2) ...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Into played so well, I thought Shasha will continue to look stoic but fall but it didn't happen, Poor Into couldn't convert despite needing just one point, But please let's not blame her or criticise her mental state, this things happen to everyone, LSW was up 10-7 or 10-8 too in the last set of the WTTC last year and Ito came back to win, FZD, XX , DN, ML and pretty much every of the best players have had the result rescinded against their favour when they were up game points or match points, even Timo ( the "mental" king),
As for her smiling, One may question if she was concentrating her fullest at that moment of all moments, but I feel that in previous days when she's beaten the top CNT, she was always smiling and smirking that way, I don't know if it's entirely a way for her to assure herself that things are under control, or a sinister psychological trick hoping the opponent looks at her and get despondent, But I think it's the former.
Still About the match point issue, they're all top players, if A can do it to B, B can do it to A too, It's the game

Reactions: driversbeat
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Even if Ito won, it would have just prolonged Japan's agony. Seems impossible for Hirano and Ishikawa to win a match against the Chinese. Hopefully JNT re-evaluates and reconsiders Hayata. Otherwise Japan can only hope for a 1-3 defeat at next year's Olympics at best.

I agree...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
One thing that has been bothering me this tournament during the post-match interviews... is the host not Japanese? Because there are always meanings lost from the English to Mandarin (Lady 1), Mandarin to Japanese (Lady 1) and Japanese to English (Lady 2) to and fro translations.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Even if Ito won, it would have just prolonged Japan's agony. Seems impossible for Hirano and Ishikawa to win a match against the Chinese. Hopefully JNT re-evaluates and reconsiders Hayata. Otherwise Japan can only hope for a 1-3 defeat at next year's Olympics at best.
Not necessary. If ito had won they could get more motivation for other players. Tough loss by sys could make her easy victim and there was a time this year ishikawa was very close to beat her.
Then last match fired up ito faces not best performed lately CM.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Not necessary. If ito had won they could get more motivation for other players. Tough loss by sys could make her easy victim and there was a time this year ishikawa was very close to beat her.
Then last match fired up ito faces not best performed lately CM.

I cant remember a game of SYS where she was an easy victim ever. Maybe her last lost against Ito, where she collapsed in the last set, but come on...