World Team Cup 2019

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
I gotta ask why you always take SYS to be some sort of criminal, " infamously stealing matches"_ it's only one controversial match I know of and even in that she referred to the referee, not just vehemently claiming the point, Everyone can make a mistake, Someone commented her about Ishikawa on some edge ball issue and people just dismissed it quickly , Same with Hayata's match against ZQ some two tournaments ago where the ball very clearly didn't hit the table, but she claimed an edge, and it took almost a minute of the referee assertively telling her it didn't hit the table for her to accept the result, Many other players with similar cases but I bet nobody brings them up, but SYS will always be the criminal for years to come, It doesn't even look well on someone doing that

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2019-11-10/doc-iicezuev8514941.shtml
  孙颖莎说:“通过决赛对伊藤这场比赛,我更加知道以后训练要怎样去对待。比赛中我心脏很紧张,其实在安排我上场后,我对主场气氛做了准备,但上场后才有真的体会。0比2落后时我想的是不放弃,队长教练还有中国队的球迷都在给我加油,我一直在坚持,我也相信我自己。决胜局7:10落后的时候,我拼了出来,非常幸运的是那几个球自己赶上点了。这次在决赛出场是教练队友的信任,我才能展示自己。”(乒乓世界)
"Through the final match against Ito, I know more about how to deal with training in the future. My heart was very nervous during the game. In fact, after they put me in the lineup, I prepared for the home-crowd atmosphere, but only after getting onto the court did I experience it for real. When I was 2 games behind, I was thinking not to give up. The captain, coach and the fans of the CNT were cheering for me. I hung in there, and I believed in myself. At 7:10 in G5, I went all out, and very fortunately those few shots made it. Playing in the final this time is the trust of the coach and teammates, and so I could showcase myself," said SYS. (Table Tennis World)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
I gotta ask why you always take SYS to be some sort of criminal, " infamously stealing matches"
Sun Yingsha is only "infamous" among like 3 people on this very forum, don't mind them. I laugh at the outrage about the lack of apologies from Shasha when Mima's been omitting them for a good while.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Tough loss for Mima Ito, but I'm excited about her chances at the Olympics. She's going toe to toe against arguably China's best player and gave herself a good chance to win it. Gotta give the Terminator credit for fighting back from 7-10, but if chosen, imagine the tremendous pressure SYS would be under at the Olympics. Things might not go her way. For Mima, there were no drooping shoulders, and I noticed Mima Ito was more vocal.... positive signs.

Reactions: Vlad Celler

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Sun Yingsha is only "infamous" among like 3 people on this very forum, don't mind them. I laugh at the outrage about the lack of apologies from Shasha when Mima's been omitting them for a good while.

I hope the lack of apologies spreads from them to everyone else. It's stupid. Nets and edges are part of the game, just play on.

Jan 2018

Interesting insights from Ito.

Ito is asked about her smiling again.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
time stamp pls?

~16:30 where the program co-host asks her about the expression. Ito answered something along the line "I try to stay positive no matter the situation."

Last edited:

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I actually like Mima Ito's drooping shoulders, smiles and other expressive body language, probably it is not the utmost in professionalism, but I am fed up of watching robot players. I think it makes her more compelling to watch and gives me more empathy for her than many of the other players, I actually want her to play well and win when I watch her. She is my favourite player in the world to watch apart from Xu Xin (who I think may be from another planet). The rest of them are just boring to watch (albeit exceptional). I have a bias for Mima as she uses short pimples on her bh. Watching her convinced me to stay with short pimples and become more aggressive with them and has helped me quit my ridiculous EJing.

I have not noticed her not acknowledging nets and edges either, not sure what some people are saying about that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Did you see the medal?

IMG_20191111_101053_059.jpg

What do you think?

Jan 2018
Is that the trend? Since 2017, the ITTF has been using Acrylic(or glass?) for medals.

Oh, they've actually started since 2014.

img_8cde83a1425cc46ace0b5446fc48dda9175188.jpg

Oh x2, actually since 2012.

55-1.jpg

2012 Dortmund, Germany
2014 Tokyo, Japan
2017 Dusseldorf, Germany
2019 Tokyo, Japan

Germany and Japan have a thing for Acrylic?

Last edited:
Reactions: ping fun
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I hope the lack of apologies spreads from them to everyone else. It's stupid. Nets and edges are part of the game, just play on.

It's not the lack of apologies about the things that do go with the game, and even though I do think civility matters there playing on and not dwelling on it is of course the thing to do. The prime example is calling a let after losing a point in a doubles game. AFTER the point was scored, a net service was claimed — and then pressuring the umpire into playing that point over. Foul play, and it taints the players guilty of it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Blimey yoass, you don't let go easily. I do have a lot of respect for you, but it must be tough being you if you hold this kind of standards for yourself in every single thing. It happened. It is regrettable. But if Sun YingSha is such a monster, then the world must be a pretty good place. Also, I can't speak for her but I don't quite think that when she wakes up at night she rubs her hands with malicious glee and satisfaction at the whole affair. Out of all people, you should know that human beings are complex and that context matters. I hope you can move past it, eventually.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
It's not the lack of apologies about the things that do go with the game, and even though I do think civility matters there playing on and not dwelling on it is of course the thing to do. The prime example is calling a let after losing a point in a doubles game. AFTER the point was scored, a net service was claimed — and then pressuring the umpire into playing that point over. Foul play, and it taints the players guilty of it.

I am not any SYS fan, but recognize the pressure is intense to unbearable. Fault there lies with the umpire and ITTF system. Imagine a baseball ump changing a strike to a ball because the batter threw a fit. Never. You will get ejected in baseball for arguung balls and strikes. Simple to use the same in TT. Players can ask ump for a call quickly. If they continue arguing warning/point/set/match penalty. Hey Presto! Situation like with SYS will never happen again.

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Yes. People make mistakes and can do ugly things, especially under pressure. Of this I (“of all people”) am highly aware.

But people can also bounce back, show improvement — even if only by acknowledgement.

I have seen no such redeeming feats from SYS. Quite the contrary. And that’s what I’m calling out.

Last edited: