Rubber press, useless?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Scariest thing about cutting rubbers for me is that there's no real room for errors. You can't uncut something ;)

yes, I think you are right, maybe the scary thing is cutting the rubbers, not gluing them. But still, I don't think you will cut into the blade (unless you are using a jigsaw :D ), so the worst case scenario your rubbers won't look as smooth as you would want...

says Thanks for the suggestion Splasher! I was going to try...
says Thanks for the suggestion Splasher! I was going to try...
Apr 2019
First of all I’m no expert, I’m just sharing my journey into the world of EJ.
From my initial tests, the voc free glues I tried don’t need any particular pressure to stick well so I didn’t really have a problem to resolve, it was more a curiosity, which I got when I watched the revolutionN3 glie tutorial. Maybe that glue, when you use 5 layers, benefits from a press, I don’t know. But indeed, Gimmicky is the perfect way to describe a press from my initial experience so I gave it to my wife to try pressing flowers LOL

Hm, everybody is different, but still strange. Never encountered that. I wonder, what's so scary about putting the glue on the
View attachment 19849

Never had a need for a rubber press, but because you've tried it and find it useless, I'm currious why? Didn't do the job well, too gimmicky...?

Reactions: Simas