Swedish Open 2019

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
It isn't an upset. Wang Chuqin is just obviously a ridiculously good player. Just look at how he performed this tournament. After his win over Harimoto I wasn't surprised he'd end up winning it all. Incredible performance.

WCQ is Terminator. ZHAO Zihao, LIANG Jingkun or LIN Gaoyuan didn't do much better than Harimoto.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
If Mima Ito wins, CNT will stop sending their women's team to the Sweden Open.

In 2018 she beat LSW, DN, and ZYL. I think she also beat another CNT player in an early round.

In 2019 so far, she has beaten WMY and SYS. CM left...Come on Mima!

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
CM spotting Ito 2 in a row serving at 3:3.

CM has trouble with Ito's serve as well.

Ito 8:6, 8:8, 10:8, 11:8. Crucial game.

G2, CM can't keep up with Ito's pace at the table. CM has to take a step back. CM's luck arrived in time at 5:5. Ito lost her momentum. 1 game apiece.

G3, 6:6, 8:6, 9:7, 10:7, 11:7. Ito took 4 on her serves, once at 6:6 and once at 9:7. Most threatening tactic and crucial game.

G4, Ito has cut down on slapping and gone back to driving on her FH for certain shots. Trying out/carrying out new tactics/techniques at the same time in the final. Sheer bravery. 8:6, 8:8, 9:9, 10:9(CM missed a pop-up), 10:10, 11:10, TO by Matsuzaki, 12:10. 1 away!!!

fLjy4N3.jpg

cWsZGxA.jpg

kxT8dV7.jpg

G5, 3rd service fault by CM. TO by MLin. Another 1 right after! Ito returns the favor! 3 service errors in a row!

Both players are tight here, missing so many shots. 7:7, 7:8, 7:9, 8:9, 8:10, 8:11. CM still in the match.

G6, 1:1, 1:2, 2:2, 2:3, 3:3, 3:5, 4:5, 5:5, 6:5, 7:5, new serve from Ito, 7:6, 8:6, 8:8, poor service turn for Ito, 8:9, 9:9, 9:11.

G7, 1:0, 1:1, 2:1, 2:2, 3:2, 3:3, 4:3, 4:4, 5:4, 5:5, 5:11.

2oFWFCY.jpg

CM still the Queen of Opens!!!

YsEKe8k.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
CM has no issues playing BH rallies with Ito though.

It's official. Being WR#1 is a curse, especially when playing Ito.

Last edited:
Reactions: zeio
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
It's funny how WMY , SYS and CM can't keep Ito's serves short, and she always serves in a manner that you'll be out of position or off balance when the 3rd ball comes, So she's technically winning almost every point on her serve, CNT are trying to serve long to get something on the serve too but it's not working much, I still feel like they have to challenge her in the short game, going full throttle from the serve is her style, it ain't gonna work much against her except she wavers mentally and start making errors, Her serves are just devilishly tricky, that's why I regard badminton very highly, It's usually the same serve from most of the pros with little variance here and there, then players win points in real play with techniques, but if you just keep losing points on serve, how do you manage this!?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
I feel that Mima got distracted in the early stages of game 5 and expected an easy victory. Could go either way now although I hope she refocuses

There were fewer variations in Ito's last two (especially the last) games, as though she decided to play it 'safe'.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Great and exciting match by Mima ito but she got distracted in game 6 . Chen meng won critical points and found her rhythm , she also had the support of many chinese there .

She played well enough to get that support at the level it came so it goes both ways. That support in terms of Chinese fans is present at every tournament. It didn't help Wang Manyu or Sun Yingsha. That said, Ma Lin (Li Sun came close) choed for Chen Meng more than Chen Meng.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
She played well enough to get that support at the level it came so it goes both ways. That support in terms of Chinese fans is present at every tournament. It didn't help Wang Manyu or Sun Yingsha. That said, Ma Lin (Li Sun came close) choed for Chen Meng more than Chen Meng.
I was listening to Adam's commentary and at one point he said that some of the ball kids were high fiving Mima Ito and were like "Yes!" afterwards. Although not as numerous or vocal as the Chinese fans, she has a growing base of fans.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Well what a match!
I really thought Mima would win, it was the only match today I guesswed wrong.. and I have .. I mean .. she has been close!
Still a great match, too bad Ito couldnt handle it in the end.. 3:2 and 8:6 I think.. she should close it out!
Well, see you at German open to fix this!