Swedish Open 2019

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Hirano engages in BH rallies w Ito as though the short pips is non-existent...?

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
By the way, am I the only one that enjoys the fact that Liu Fei is a true chopper? I watch her matches waiting for the once in a blue moon counterloop or even loop and she just wants to fell the trees and ignore me.

Yours truly was treated like a loony.

dQddCou.png

Jan 2018
Hirano vs Ito
G7, 1:5, 6:6, 6:7, 7:7, 7:10, 8:10, 8:11.

Ishikawa dislikes.

Jan 2018
Both Hashimoto and Sato have improved their attacks quite a bit this year. Great time to come for Japan in the next Olympic cycle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
D242D4C0-82E6-46B4-ACC0-D05B2E9494DF.jpg

I had a great evening with the above picture symbolizing the funniest moment of the evening. I got a text from RidTheKid asking for a close up of FZD’s “Stiga”. I took the photo as a joke and one of the kids who was a ball boy on break (I’m friends with his dad) asked me what I was doing. I told him about my friends request and he was “your friend is wrong. FZD uses a Stiga now bla”. I showed him the TTD thread and he looked so violated/offended/lied to. HAHAHA!

Reactions: zeio and Richie
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
She got a defender at least in the first round. She knows what to do with defenders.
By the way, am I the only one that enjoys the fact that Liu Fei is a true chopper? I watch her matches waiting for the once in a blue moon counterloop or even loop and she just wants to fell the trees and ignore me.

Aś I wrote before Liu fei is very good player, she is totalny different from wu yang. It is not about Choping but understandind the spin and what you can do about it. I am not dissapointed by Ishikawa performance because there are not too many players who can easily beat Liu fei.

This user has no status.
Niwa vs Gauzy was a cracker, lots of fun points as you would expect:

https://youtu.be/icT-bdm1u7o

yes it was a great match. I enjoyed watching LJK v CCY as well. Point of the day is the last point of their 4th game.

Hashimoto v Sun was a great attack v defense classic game to watch. Hashimoto has really improved a lot, she's the most promising defense female player for me.

Ito v Hirano has insane rallies. Both players are really quick and find incredible angles. I still feel when watching those 2 that they terribly lack power compared to their Chinese rivals.

The perils of having a kid exposed too early to the grand stage. Frankly they should take Harimoto out for sometime and let him concentrate on 2024 instead.

I think it's not so much a problem of him being exposed to the grand stage early. So much as expectations either the JNT place on him or he/his father places on himself.

The problem is the looming 2020 Tokyo Olympics. TH excels, maybe is even the best in the world, at certain aspects of the game, but the rest of his game is full of holes. For his long term developement, he should be working on making his game more complete and filling those holes.

But... with the Tokyo so close, it seems like they are understandably weary of overhauling his entire game (which is what he needs).

Purely on his own terms, 2020 is probably not a good time for him to be trying to tie down a medal (maybe even looking at gold). There's just too much of his game that needs fixing. But after 2020, when the timing would be better for TH, the Olympics are almost certainly not going to be in Japan again in his career. So he's stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
If LSW plays like XX is doing now, I suppose they are reserving their energies for the XD finals?

This user has no status.
I think that china has the best players analysis, so they studied Harimoto last year, the same as Ito and Hirano. Probably now they are studying lin Yun Ju.
I remember when Koki started playing was also very promising he beat ma long. And now....
Translation: You can't be successful in table tennis if you're not playing for China

Reactions: NextLevel