Swedish Open 2019

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
To do that, Ishikawa will have to beat Zhu and Hirano/Ito will have to beat Wang Manyu. Sounds like a tall task. Chances are they all leave Swedish Open with no bonus points and Ito is still vulnerable to the thousand or so bonus points gained by her teammates at the women's world cup
I agree, Sweden is kinda pointless (no pun), but you never know, look at 2018 ;-)
Even without WC, Ito is still sufficiently ahead for now. Lets do the math, Ito is 1010 pts ahead of Ishikawa, and ONLY the BEST 8 counts (+T2). The points Ishikawa can gain at WC is balanced by dropping one of the 8. So lets say she gets to semi-final, worth1530 pts, this will be counter balanced by dropping her lowest 900 pts to make up the best 8. Thus she only actually gains 630 pts on Ito because of the WC. Ishikawa would have to reach silver to be only 5 pts ahead of Ito in the overall.
For Sweden, its the semi that allow a standing improvement, for Germany & Austria, its the 1/4 finals, for all 3 of them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I still think Kara seems a bit of wanted talent. Think he could have become really really good if he had have a different attitude. The man have been somewhat fat as long as i could have remembered.

Regarding harimoto having trouble against europeans Maybe the europeans play much more different strokes because they have not as good as footwork as the asians.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
I still think Kara seems a bit of wanted talent. Think he could have become really really good if he had have a different attitude. The man have been somewhat fat as long as i could have remembered.

Regarding harimoto having trouble against europeans Maybe the europeans play much more different strokes because they have not as good as footwork as the asians.

On the flip side, he might not be as good if he wasn't as heavy...

LGL actually said during his commentary for the SF match b/w China and England of the Team World Cup 2018 that they found Pitchford's European style harder to handle than Drinkhall who played a relatively more Chinese style. That could be the case here for Harimoto.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
On the flip side, he might not be as good if he wasn't as heavy...

LGL actually said during his commentary for the SF match b/w China and England of the Team World Cup 2018 that they found Pitchford's European style harder to handle than Drinkhall who played a relatively more Chinese style. That could be the case here for Harimoto.

Maybe he would not have had to develop such a good bh if he could move better.

I think harimoto in general are in a bit of trouble IG the opponent win in bh bh.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Preliminary rounds qualify many players, not a single winner.

Maybe Loopadoop meant it hypothetically ...
Few surprises already in preliminary rounds: Groth, Freitas, Moregard, Szocs ... all beaten by a less known European players. Karakasevic is of course known, but probably not at the top. If it's true for boxing that styles make fight, I think it was a little bit true for Truls and Alexandar. The veteran is not an all out attacker (rather blocker, all-rounder + this fine bh ... ) and it proved to be tricky for the young Swede I guess ...

Jan 2018
Maybe Loopadoop meant it hypothetically ...
Few surprises already in preliminary rounds: Groth, Freitas, Moregard, Szocs ... all beaten by a less known European players. Karakasevic is of course known, but probably not at the top. If it's true for boxing that styles make fight, I think it was a little bit true for Truls and Alexandar. The veteran is not an all out attacker (rather blocker, all-rounder + this fine bh ... ) and it proved to be tricky for the young Swede I guess ...

[mysterious voice]The field is some of the weakest in history...[/mysterious voice]

Jan 2018
Kudos to this Thai player whose name is too long to spell...

OhXf2eZ.png

Reactions: akoozab and jawien