Stiga DNA Pro Rubbers Review

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
PRO is just part of its name.

I'm thinking yogi_bear might be reading my reply to Bryan thinking I am talking about Stiga DNA Pro...which Pro is just part of the name.

But I was referring to Joola Rhyzer Pro 45 (or 50)--- here the 'Pro' refers to a different topsheet to Rhyzer 48/43
rhyzer48rubber_06.jpg

Hopefully this talk of Rhyzer doesn't derail the DNA Pro thread ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
Getting back to DNA Pro :)

So I played last night with DNA Pro H on the Backhand. (FH Rhyzer Pro 50)

On the BH, I'm liking DNA Pro H. As I mentioned in my post above the DNA H really does well when countering (power vs power)...so off-the-bounce close to table counters feel good and it has very good control in the sense the ball stays on the table. But Rhyzer 50 is more direct and you feel like you can place the ball exactly where you want it. And mid-distance when doing quick wrist countering against strong shots feels nice as well.

DNA H definitely has more dwell (and perhaps more spin) on the BH compared to Rhyzer 50, but with that comes (small) inconsistencies for normal looping. Meaning if you brush loop (backhand stroke) more like FZD or Ma Long with a slightly open face, that softer topsheet makes some balls have higher arc and land in the middle zone and sometimes they go deep. The rubber has lots of spin but those very fast brush loops (with more open racket face) doesn't have that feeling of 'control' where you can hit a 'coin' on the table consistently...if that makes sense.

Now if you have more of a Kalinikos Kreanga BH stroke where you close that racket face and brush the heck out of the top of the ball (even with a shorter stroke) this rubber performs GREAT. It has a very grippy topsheet and you can really feel like you can close the face and just whip through the ball. In this aspect of closing the face of the racket to brush, it performs better than Rhyzer 50 on the BH.

I found Punch shots for DNA H are better than Rhyzer 50 or T05.

BH flicks are very good since the grippy topsheet really grabs the plastic ball well..I'd say more safety(spin/dwell) with DNA H, whereas Rhyzer 50 is very direct but you need to be more precise. I'd also prefer DNA H for BH flicks vs T05.

Short game on BH is similar to Rhyzer 50 in the sense on softer shots I don't feel any huge bounce/catapult. It's easy to keep balls short and with that nice topsheet grip you can really push/brush thin and deep and low to opponents corner.

BH loops against backspin is still an adjustment area. Very easy to do slow spinny open-ups...but I'm still trying to find the sweet spot on doing very aggressive opening BH loops low and deep. My initial feeling is that you need to close the face more and let that grippy topsheet to the work.

Reactions: BryanY
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
Read 1 reviews
I have been playing with the Pro M rubber on my forehand for a few days now. I usually use Rasanter R47 or MX-P. Pro M seems to be pretty comparable to both of these rubbers. I like it on my forehand. I think its slightly slower than both R47 and MX-P. The grip appears to be about the same, however, the topsheet seems ever so slightly tackier than R47 and MX-P. It really didn't take me long at all to get used to it.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Guys do not bother yourselves Stiga Dna h is same as Xiom omega 7 asia from esn manufacturer. Today i came to this concl7sion when tested my stiga dna h

Guys do not bother yourselves Stiga Dna h is same as Xiom omega 7 asia from esn manufacturer. Today i came to this concl7sion when tested my stiga dna h
No it is not

Reactions: The_TT_Bat_Guy
I'm thinking yogi_bear might be reading my reply to Bryan thinking I am talking about Stiga DNA Pro...which Pro is just part of the name.

But I was referring to Joola Rhyzer Pro 45 (or 50)--- here the 'Pro' refers to a different topsheet to Rhyzer 48/43
View attachment 20197

Hopefully this talk of Rhyzer doesn't derail the DNA Pro thread ;)

Talking about the DNA with the Pro name.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
No it is not

I do not want to argue with you or persuade you about smth.

These 2 rubbers are very much the same. I used to play with omega 7 asia i and know this rubber. yesterday i played with Stiga dna h and can say that these 2 rubbers are almost the same. Speed, control, weight, block, spin, grip, etc. I do not say it is bad. Actually i had a positive feedback about stiga since asia is very good rubber too. Plus both are produced be ESN...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Read 1 reviews
Sorry, one more question:

Even though there's been only a couple months since DNA's release, does anyone have any idea of how is its durability (if it rips easily and for how much time it remains spinny)?
In the Stiga website, they say: "The rubber is also optimised for the ABS ball, and thanks to the combination of natural and synthetic rubber, it is considerably more durable than previous generations of table tennis rubbers."
Does that mean the DNA is more durable than Mantra as well?

I gave my DNA H to 2 competition players who practice everyday and the rubber has promising durability. The rubbers still has good amount of spin even after a month of continues playing

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Hi yogi bear!Thank you for your help, I tried DNA M, I really like it, as good as controllable as Valmo.Both rubbers have innerforce zlc, very good control! The DNA has a lot more power away from the table. Thanks for the exact tests now I have two fantastic rackets!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
Hi yogi bear!Thank you for your help, I tried DNA M, I really like it, as good as controllable as Valmo.Both rubbers have innerforce zlc, very good control! The DNA has a lot more power away from the table. Thanks for the exact tests now I have two fantastic rackets!

Do you boost the DNA rubbers?

This user has no status.
Anything come from this?

I decided, instead, to put these rubbers on a Victas ZX-Gear In blade.
Both rubbers work well on this blade.

I would say that the Nexxus EL Pro 48 has a more powerful feeling, easy to spin, but is spin sensitive. It is my forehand rubber on this blad.
The DNA M doesn't feel as alive and powerful to me, and it's not a spin monster. But, it's good blocking rubber, with good control.
The GEWO is more fun to play with, for me.

DNA_M.jpg Nexxus48.jpg

Last edited: