Stiga DNA Pro Rubbers Review

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Dear Yogi-bear,
Thank you for your excellent review!
Are you able to compare the Stiga Pro range with Tenergy 05?
Which rubber in the range would be closest to Tenergy 05 please?
Cheers, Nicholas - Brisbane Australia

Dear Yogi-bear,
Thank you for your excellent review!
Are you able to compare the Stiga Pro range with Tenergy 05?
Which rubber in the range would be closest to Tenergy 05 please?
Cheers, Nicholas - Brisbane Australia

i cannot say that even the H version is at the level of tenergy 05's spin but other areas such as handling and speed are near. they have different feel.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
Dear yogi_bear,

I'm a top-spin player, I tried STIGA DNA Pro M 2.1mm on my Timo boll ALC, and I'm a little bit disappointed. I think the rubber is a very good rubber, but for me is too fast and with less spin respect to Tenergy05. Moreover I think that if you are not in quite perfect position with legs and make a perfect movement with arm, the rubber doesn't help you in contrast to Tenergy05. IMHO Tenergy05 gives more control in block respect to STIGA DNA.
I believe the rubber is perfect for player with fast movement of legs and arm and player who loves play close-mid distance without spin.
I consider T05 or Mx-p more controllable rubbers respect to DNA.

What do you think about? Could be the association with TB ALC not perfect for these rubbers?

Thank you

NB: my english is not quite good, excuse me ;-)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Thank you Yogi-bear,
I have recently been using Donic Bluestorm Z3 2.1 on my backhand.
How do you feel the Stiga DNA Pro range compares to this?
If favourably, which would be closest in feel, H, M or S?
Thank you in advance!

This user has no status.
I just moved from Cornilleau Target Gt51 to DNA H on the forehand and from Target GT48 to a Xiom Omega 7 Pro on the backhand. The DNA has more arc than the Cornilleau and I need more time to get used to but I´m liking a lot. Specially for the price I paied (28 euros). The DNA H is just 1º degree softer than the GT51 but feels more softer than that and its also faster. But to be honest my Cornilleau´s were a little bit old already and the DNA just fresh from the box and maybe that´s why I´m feeling those differences.

This user has no status.
I just moved from Cornilleau Target Gt51 to DNA H on the forehand and from Target GT48 to a Xiom Omega 7 Pro on the backhand. The DNA has more arc than the Cornilleau and I need more time to get used to but I´m liking a lot. Specially for the price I paied (28 euros). The DNA H is just 1º degree softer than the GT51 but feels more softer than that and its also faster. But to be honest my Cornilleau´s were a little bit old already and the DNA just fresh from the box and maybe that´s why I´m feeling those differences.

How do you like 07P on backhand?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
I've been playing with the Stiga DNA H on FH for about one week training and played with it in matchplay last night so just some observations.

DHS Long 5x, FH Stiga DNA H BH Rhyzer Pro 50 (previous to that been using Rasanter R53...great but heavy, and then Tenergy 05) I will leave out the comparison to Andro R53 since that is in a league of its own.

When I first saw the TTD video review I was a little surprised that Dan said that it was slower than T05, but clearly it is slower. On just some warm-up drives the difference in speed from T05 or even Rhyzer 50 is not so pronounced. But as you get to some medium fast loops there is just something not right with the speed to spin ratio. With a more low to high chinese style brush loops there is not a crisp feeling that I would expect from a 50 degree rubber and the 'softness' of the topsheet makes it appear to have nice dwell, but the ball is always landing quite in the middle zone of the table and not deep. I tried to adjust with various brushing and using more of the sponge without a lot of success. What I did find is that if you have a short stroke similar to a Maze or Boll and brushing more the top part of the ball you can get more speed but that is not an adjustment I want to make.

A positive is that if you are going power against power (counterlooping close to table or away from table) DNA H actually performs well. It has really nice control & feel when counterattacking and the speed is nice. Counterlooping far away has nice control and spin but I think Rhyzer Pro 50 and T05 are more 'deadly' in terms of being able to put more power and variety of spin. The DNA H seems to be very spinny but it is very predictable spin...and really doesn't have any 'kick' to the spin like you can get with T05 or Rhyzer 50. the DNA just doesn't feel that dynamic.

The biggest problem that I have is that when you gain an advantage and get a (quality) block back from your opponent and you are in the right position... there is not that much put-away-power. Good opponents can just block-you-down...whereas I actually flipped my racket midway last night and used Rhyzer 50 side on FH and there was clearly a few notches more of speed and spin with balls landing deep and much more forcing of errors onto the opponent.

On short game & serves it seems fairly equal to Rhyzer 50. Both 50 degree rubbers have more spin on serves than T05 if you using more brush serving technique. It does have a very grippy topsheet. Topsheet is not super soft but the Rhyzer 50 is much more firm.

Maybe it is just my style of play but compared to Rhyzer pro 50, T05 and R53 it's just not the rubber for me on the FH side. Playing on the BH side for half the the night it actually performed well and certainly really nice with active blocks and quick countering. But (BH) looping underspin was an adjustment...I will need to find the sweetspot on looping strong and deep. Rhyzer 50 on BH is very easy to play low and strong against backspin. I might keep it on the BH and see if it could work, but I think this rubber is just not a good match for me.

To be fair, it could be that i'm playing with the Rhyzer Pro 50 and T05 longer; or the fact that Rhyzer 50 is 2.3mm, or the DNA H needs to be on an 'outer' carbon blade.

This user has no status.
Nice and valuable comparison! I was looking for a detailed comparison between Rhyzer Pro 50 and Stiga DNA H. Thanks! Very informative.

I've been playing with the Stiga DNA H on FH for about one week training and played with it in matchplay last night so just some observations.

DHS Long 5x, FH Stiga DNA H BH Rhyzer Pro 50 (previous to that been using Rasanter R53...great but heavy, and then Tenergy 05) I will leave out the comparison to Andro R53 since that is in a league of its own.

When I first saw the TTD video review I was a little surprised that Dan said that it was slower than T05, but clearly it is slower. On just some warm-up drives the difference in speed from T05 or even Rhyzer 50 is not so pronounced. But as you get to some medium fast loops there is just something not right with the speed to spin ratio. With a more low to high chinese style brush loops there is not a crisp feeling that I would expect from a 50 degree rubber and the 'softness' of the topsheet makes it appear to have nice dwell, but the ball is always landing quite in the middle zone of the table and not deep. I tried to adjust with various brushing and using more of the sponge without a lot of success. What I did find is that if you have a short stroke similar to a Maze or Boll and brushing more the top part of the ball you can get more speed but that is not an adjustment I want to make.

A positive is that if you are going power against power (counterlooping close to table or away from table) DNA H actually performs well. It has really nice control & feel when counterattacking and the speed is nice. Counterlooping far away has nice control and spin but I think Rhyzer Pro 50 and T05 are more 'deadly' in terms of being able to put more power and variety of spin. The DNA H seems to be very spinny but it is very predictable spin...and really doesn't have any 'kick' to the spin like you can get with T05 or Rhyzer 50. the DNA just doesn't feel that dynamic.

The biggest problem that I have is that when you gain an advantage and get a (quality) block back from your opponent and you are in the right position... there is not that much put-away-power. Good opponents can just block-you-down...whereas I actually flipped my racket midway last night and used Rhyzer 50 side on FH and there was clearly a few notches more of speed and spin with balls landing deep and much more forcing of errors onto the opponent.

On short game & serves it seems fairly equal to Rhyzer 50. Both 50 degree rubbers have more spin on serves than T05 if you using more brush serving technique. It does have a very grippy topsheet. Topsheet is not super soft but the Rhyzer 50 is much more firm.

Maybe it is just my style of play but compared to Rhyzer pro 50, T05 and R53 it's just not the rubber for me on the FH side. Playing on the BH side for half the the night it actually performed well and certainly really nice with active blocks and quick countering. But (BH) looping underspin was an adjustment...I will need to find the sweetspot on looping strong and deep. Rhyzer 50 on BH is very easy to play low and strong against backspin. I might keep it on the BH and see if it could work, but I think this rubber is just not a good match for me.

To be fair, it could be that i'm playing with the Rhyzer Pro 50 and T05 longer; or the fact that Rhyzer 50 is 2.3mm, or the DNA H needs to be on an 'outer' carbon blade.

If the 'Pro' means firmer topsheet Pro 45 could be quite nice on BH. I like Rhyzer Pro 50 on FH and BH.

I actually think a firmer topsheet is much nicer when brushing with the plastic ball, but that could be personal preference because a lot of manufacturers are going with a softer topsheet.

PRO is just part of its name.

This user has no status.
What's in a name? That which we call a pro
By any other name would hit as hard

?

I think part of the confusion is that “Rhyzer” and “Rhyzer Pro” are two completely different topsheets with different pimple geometries. I would prefer a different naming convention.

Reactions: thomas.pong