Can you use two different fh rubbers for different opponents? Short Pimples BH?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think this could work But i Do not think many players or anyone? Are good enough to be able to adapt fast enough to different rubbers. Or atleast if it is hurricane and tenergy that is proably somewhat different. So i think you Will lose more in the end because it Will be too difficult and you need to change the strokes so you Do not learn one properly.

I find it interesting that you have more problem looping slow with the hurricane. In would imagine that the grip would help you with that. The only thing i can think of is that the blade is hard and the ball leaves the racket almost at once and that the hurricane is a harder version or without booster so the rubber also is hard. So both the rubber and blade are hard so the ball leaves the racket fast and the ball go very straight. With a softer hurricane the ball Will stay longer in the racket and so it Will be easier to get an arc and a softer rubber Will also work against the hard blades habit of sending the ball straight. I can also imagine that the grip is somewhat bad in the hurricane. My knowledge in equipment is limit so take this with a grain of salt.

There are also hybrid rubbers. I Do not like them But Maybe you Will.

Regarding playing choppers i think china rubber would be for your advantage. If i changed i would proably use the hurricane against defenders. Much easier to loop through the backspin because of the grip. If you can not loop hard enough with a china rubber you need to work on using the body in the loop to get more power. Not as important with more bouncy rubbers like tenergy since you get more power from the sponge.

Reactions: MOG
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Do you know if Force pro Black is good with short offensive pips on bh too???
My fh rubber is Stiga mantra M in Max.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Right know im using Razka Po on bh and mantra on fh on Fextra 7 wood.
Really like to know if somwbody have good experience with short pips on force pro black and whitch pips

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Okay.
Im not Thinking of a carbon blade.
Only want to switch blade if the force pro black is better than Fextra 7 wood

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Yes, it is better. Try it. Remember, there is always something better ;)!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
My main wish to another wood than my Fextra 7 is that it has to be good for looping on fh. Fit short pips on bh.
Has read alit about Donic Ovtcharov senso carbon wood.
Is it good

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Hi Hustler,

Everything is subjective. Personally, I optmize for short pips and inverted (backhand) is an afterthought. The Force Pro Black compared to your Fextra is thicker, stiffer, and would feel more solid and stable on high impact. That also means faster and less forgiving for people relying on proper brush looping. You will also loose some low impact feedback (crispness). I think the tradeoff is worth it, but you will have to judge that for yourself.

I never found your Ovtcharov senso carbon wood. If you simply mean the Ovtcharov senso carbon, then it will likely be alot faster than what you have now, have less (more dampened) feel and probably exhibit a "boxy" hollow less precise sensation on high impact. So, personally not recommended.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Hi Hustler,

Everything is subjective. Personally, I optmize for short pips and inverted (backhand) is an afterthought. The Force Pro Black compared to your Fextra is thicker, stiffer, and would feel more solid and stable on high impact. That also means faster and less forgiving for people relying on proper brush looping. You will also loose some low impact feedback (crispness). I think the tradeoff is worth it, but you will have to judge that for yourself.

I never found your Ovtcharov senso carbon wood. If you simply mean the Ovtcharov senso carbon, then it will likely be alot faster than what you have now, have less (more dampened) feel and probably exhibit a "boxy" hollow less precise sensation on high impact. So, personally not recommended.

So you think i should stick to my main wood Fextra 7 or what???
I often do brush loops on slower serve resivings. And on fast serve resivings im looping with power on fh.
With my pips on bh Razka Po i do brush loop or hit the serve return

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I do think the Force Pro (Black) is a better blade than Fextra in every way.

But hat's just me. You need to ask yourself what you don't like and need to change about it.

My general philosophy is:

When you need to ask yourself "if" you should change, you shouldn't change. You will know what you "need" to change when you get there.

Contradictory, I know...and we are off topic again.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
So if im changing from Fextra 7 to a more suited pips wood on bh.
Then Force pro black is the best sollution or what do you suggest if i want a more suited wood for attacing looping with fh and using short pips on bh???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Hi Hustler,

The Force Pro Black is a "classic" 7-ply limba-ayous blade of ~6.7mm. In the same family as the Clipper, SK7, CS7, Adidas Strike Wood etc. I have all 4 and they all play 95% the same.

I personally prefer something even stiffer than these, so take my preferences with a grain of salt.

Of the 30 blades I own, this design is the most "balanced" for short pips attacking yet maintain's "adequate" flex and impact transmission (feel) for a topspin game as well.

I haven't played with the Fextra, but if it really is just slightly above 6mm thick (same limba-ayous construction), then to me it would be too "flimsy" to have a nice stiff, solid/dense, crisp, and reinforced smashing feel (major qualities which I judge all blades by).

But you really only need "that" feel when hitting hard (ie forehand smash). I use short pips on the forehand.

The ~10% extra thickness of Force Pro (Black) would bring significantly more stiffness and speed, so ask yourself if that is something you want. With the extra speed, you will also need more racket speed to create enough arc in looping. Safety in aggression if you will. So ask yourself if you are confident enough to handle it.

Technically, you should be able to loop and smash with any blade. Its really only the "feel" you need to tailor yourself to. So tell us what would feel right to you (or at least start with what's wrong about the Fextra).

We've gone way off topic, sorry MOG.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
I often feels like the Fextra 7 is heavy. Sometimes i miss the sweetspot on my bh with pips. Maybe a little vibration i guess

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
For a 6mm blade the fextra is surprisingly hard and fast from the little use I had with it.

Hi Hustler,

The Force Pro Black is a "classic" 7-ply limba-ayous blade of ~6.7mm. In the same family as the Clipper, SK7, CS7, Adidas Strike Wood etc. I have all 4 and they all play 95% the same.

I personally prefer something even stiffer than these, so take my preferences with a grain of salt.

Of the 30 blades I own, this design is the most "balanced" for short pips attacking yet maintain's "adequate" flex and impact transmission (feel) for a topspin game as well.

I haven't played with the Fextra, but if it really is just slightly above 6mm thick (same limba-ayous construction), then to me it would be too "flimsy" to have a nice stiff, solid/dense, crisp, and reinforced smashing feel (major qualities which I judge all blades by).

But you really only need "that" feel when hitting hard (ie forehand smash). I use short pips on the forehand.

The ~10% extra thickness of Force Pro (Black) would bring significantly more stiffness and speed, so ask yourself if that is something you want. With the extra speed, you will also need more racket speed to create enough arc in looping. Safety in aggression if you will. So ask yourself if you are confident enough to handle it.

Technically, you should be able to loop and smash with any blade. Its really only the "feel" you need to tailor yourself to. So tell us what would feel right to you (or at least start with what's wrong about the Fextra).

We've gone way off topic, sorry MOG.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Thanks for your helping advices.
It seems like i should keep Fextra 7 as my main paddle with mantra m on fh and razka po on bh, and learn to use the wood and rubbers more