Can you use two different fh rubbers for different opponents? Short Pimples BH?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What will help the development of your game the most? Was that what you were asking? :)

I am switching to sandpaper. No equipment to hide behind. :)

Okay. No. I am not. But judging your progress based on wins and losses instead of training so you can beat the players you have trouble playing can be a bit damaging to your overall development.

The blade doesn't matter too much. The rubbers don't matter too too much. But, at some point you settle on something to work with and then improve the things you are weak on. Moving the feet. Reading your opponent. Moving the feet. Moving the feet. Taking shots from in position instead of moving the racket and not the feet. :)

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Hi lasta,

so I bought the force pro black with the theory that I could switch to Hurricane 3 Neo and it would still be fast enough to drive winners with and in theory, judging from reviews by Patrick on TT11 and other players that the pimples would be beast on it.

first couple of times it did not feel quite right, however tried it again last night and played very well.
It feels like a grown up players bat.

I was spinning the crap out of the ball and hitting sp bh like a demon!!
Maybe it is worth persevering!!

Hi Hustler,

The Force Pro Black is a "classic" 7-ply limba-ayous blade of ~6.7mm. In the same family as the Clipper, SK7, CS7, Adidas Strike Wood etc. I have all 4 and they all play 95% the same.

I personally prefer something even stiffer than these, so take my preferences with a grain of salt.

Of the 30 blades I own, this design is the most "balanced" for short pips attacking yet maintain's "adequate" flex and impact transmission (feel) for a topspin game as well.

I haven't played with the Fextra, but if it really is just slightly above 6mm thick (same limba-ayous construction), then to me it would be too "flimsy" to have a nice stiff, solid/dense, crisp, and reinforced smashing feel (major qualities which I judge all blades by).

But you really only need "that" feel when hitting hard (ie forehand smash). I use short pips on the forehand.

The ~10% extra thickness of Force Pro (Black) would bring significantly more stiffness and speed, so ask yourself if that is something you want. With the extra speed, you will also need more racket speed to create enough arc in looping. Safety in aggression if you will. So ask yourself if you are confident enough to handle it.

Technically, you should be able to loop and smash with any blade. Its really only the "feel" you need to tailor yourself to. So tell us what would feel right to you (or at least start with what's wrong about the Fextra).

We've gone way off topic, sorry MOG.