Lightweight inverted rubber with hard/tight topsheet

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of building 2 new setups (1 penhold, 1 shakehand), for short pips forehand and inverted backhand. I'm pretty certain about the blade and short pips, but its been a few years since I played with inverted.

Short pips are pretty light, but I prefer very heavy and solid blades. Thus, would like like an inverted rubber that's maximum of 42g cut.

I also like the precise feel of harder rubbers, but I know hard+light is contradictory. So lets sacrifice some sponge hardness but still try to keep the topsheet hard/tight.

T05FX is the obvious choice, but I wouldn't be asking if price wasn't an issue haha.

In the past, I'ved used T64, Tenzone SF, Rakza 7 Soft, Rakza 7, Vega Pro, Vega Asia, Aurus Soft, Aurus Sound, and Hexer HD. Rakza 7 Soft and Vega Asia used to be my longest running for RPB but the topsheets are rather soft. Hexer HD came as a recommendation from Yogi as a replacement for Tenzone, and it does it beautifully (nice tight topsheet) but the weight was a little high.

Thanks!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I think you mean you like your racket light, not hard. A couple of other things that you write are confusing. Maybe try to rewrite it to clearly say what you are after.

Julian

Hi Julian, thanks. I'm looking for a lightweight inverted rubber with hard topsheet.

I actually like my rackets hard and heavy. But because the blades I've chosen are 100g+, I'm looking to save some weight on the backhand rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Anyone compare the Mantra M/S and Rakza X soft?

I've tried the AK47 Blue and found the topsheet lacking grip. The Red is supposed to be heavy no?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I've got a Chinese friend who plays c-pen and I recommended FastArc C-1 as a BH rubber to him and he absolutely loved it. It's 45 degree so it's medium hard which is pretty sweet for the BH. I twiddle (SH with LP) and use it quite a bit and I also find it amazing as a BH rubber.

Mantra S is a really good BH rubber as well. Mantra M feels quite similar to T05 so I would stay clear of it if you don't like T05 on your BH.