This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Technically, an upset occurs, when one player ranked higher loses to a lower ranked.

yes but if you use your brain, an upset occurs when: one player who is worse than another, despite what rankings might say, wins

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Technically, an upset occurs, when one player ranked higher loses to a lower ranked.
I would call it surprise rather then upset.
The most important thing is player level not their ranking. If you follow TT for longer time you would know that ranking is based on participation and wining ratio. So the players who take part in many tournaments will be higher ranked then the ones who do not participate that much.
You can take many chinese players like Zheng Peifeng, Zhou Qihao, Liu Dingshuo or Yan An - they are all ranked far away from top 20 where their level of play is. At the same time the guy lik Kanak Jha is 27 while his level is closer to 100. So it is not surprise if any of these chinese players beat him.
I hope you get it know.
nother thing is player

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Kanak JHA is the North American Champion and gets a lot of bonus points for that + bonus points for being in the World Cup as the NA Champion. Its totally ridiculous because the level in NA is so low compared to elsewhere
That has been demonstrated by upsets of him by much lower ranked players.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Pletea didn't give a proper handshake with Xu Haidong. What did he say at the end?

pletea is a little piece of **** Its always the same with him. apparently everybody is against him. He got a yellow card in mixed doubles today too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Kanak JHA is the North American Champion and gets a lot of bonus points for that + bonus points for being in the World Cup as the NA Champion. Its totally ridiculous because the level in NA is so low compared to elsewhere

Kanak plays in Division 1 Bundesliga. I think while he isn't 27 in the world, he is clearly a strong player who has a good record vs many good players players. His game is not flashy so his strengths are often ignored.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Kanak plays in Division 1 Bundesliga. I think while he isn't 27 in the world, he is clearly a strong player who has a good record vs many good players players. His game is not flashy so his strengths are often ignored.

My opinion, he plays conservative to start matches vs an unfamiliar player, if that player gets hot and ahead, Jha has trouble overcoming the deficit sometimes.