says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
0% team order, apparently.

abF6Fn1.jpg

Jan 2018
On service, Ito is aiming for Yang's short FH, with a mix of serves to her half-long BH.

Same for Yang. Very short points and few open rallies.

It comes down to who misses less.

Yang gets faulted serving at 7:8. Ito grabs the chance with 1 kick serve and 1 3rd ball. 7:11.

G2, perfect opening for Yang. 5:0, 5:1, 10:1, 10:2, 11:2.

G3, Ito serves from the FH to good effect. 4:2, 4:4, 5:5, 5:6, Ito turns to receiving. Another fault for Yang, 5:7. Yang can't return Ito's kick serve, 5:10, 6:10, 7:10, 7:11, serving from FH, that is.

G4, yet another fault for Yang. Yang takes it as is. Come at me. Fault me all you want. Will of steel. Ito sticks to her game and keeps the point as short as possible. Ito faulted 1st time at 5:9, but keeps her composure, 6:10. 6:11.

G5, 1:4, TO for Yang. Yang is playing a mirror copy of herself. Can't come up with any effective solution. 1:11.

Gotta give it to Yang for shaking hands with the umps.

0VKXwAh.jpg

06qIUC4.jpg

1D9pTWK.jpg

2WJ9gzt.jpg

jYBve3g.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
0% team order, apparently.

cache.php

Well, I guess it makes sense if we are going with the scripted theory.

[From the CNT POV]

Possible finalists: Ito Mima and Feng Tianwei
Candidates at hand
- Sun Yingsha: Has never lost to FTW and a good track record against Ito but recent encounter was a disaster
- Chen Xingtong: Has lost her one encounter to FTW (in 2014) and a good track record against Ito, plus two back-to-back wins over the latter recently
- Wang Manyu: Has lost twice to FTW and a good track record against Ito but recent encounter was a disaster
- Wang Yidi: Has never lost to FTW (never played) and a good track record against Ito, with a dominating win recently

WMY seems the worst of them four against Ito and FTW so WYD's win might be more strategic ~ Perhaps the YXX-Ito match will be what is needed to prove (or refute) the above. If YXX wins (making FTW the more likely finalist), then I imagine SYS will be favoured and the reverse if Ito gets through (and likely advancing to the finals) with CXT being the more logical choice. Just my musings, unless SXN and YXX beats both FTW and Ito lol ~

Last edited:
Reactions: Vlad Celler
Jan 2018
It feels really weird to see Franziska play like an Asian and JYS a European.

Anyway. This was how European players played at their best in the 90s. Putting much more weight on serve and attack. Very active in stepping around for the 3rd and 5th balls, with a mix of BH winners at the table, unlike the current I-will-outlast-you-mid-distance-rallies.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
just saw the end of the match. Good fight Tomo.

I thought LJK was shouting even louder, and had the impression that he imitated voluntarily HT celebration at the end (dropping the racket, looking at the sky....) ??

But the match was too intense for him to do mockery at the end, it was probably natural, so the conclusion is that LJK is just a HT fan !

M51

says Poly balls still suck.

M51

says Poly balls still suck.
Sep 2012
cache.php

These sharp shadows on the floor and on the table still absolutely baffle me.

I mean, compare that to last year's German open:

cache.php

Minimal shadows and virtually no glare. The ball is in excellent contrast from the table top.

Someone messed up royally this year. Pretty inexcusable for an event at this level.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
Sure. Harimoto was the first guy in table tennis history dropping his racket after an important victory...
I know dozens of players doing so. Is Harimoto fan of those?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Read 1 reviews
Players have to shout against Harimoto or they will have a psychological disadvantage. I don't mind shouting, but he literally screams from his loungs which is super annoying. Initially I thought this would go away naturally, but now I don't think so anymore.

I wonder what playstyle we will see from FZD against Timo Boll. If he plays a more patient game like against WCQ it may actually benefit Boll. He is the strong favourite regardless.