Hi all,

I have the DHS wind series W3020 chinese penhold blade, and I have been playing with it for 2-3 years. I appreiciated the fact it was on the heavy side so I could really develop my racket stroke and build a strong foundation but now I feel like I have mastered the basics and I am looking for something lighter to up my game.

My playing style is RPB, I am not too keen on spin and I am super offensive, I kinda have the playing style of a typical chinese penhold use such as Wong Chun Ting

Here are the specs of my blade

Brand: DHS

Class: ALL

Speed: 76

Control: 77

Blade Weight: 89

Plies: 5w

Blade Thickness: 6.1

Blade Handles: C

Material: All Wood

Type: 2-Side

Any recommendations on my next cpen blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Hello you can play with stiga intensity nct carbon, very good penhold blade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Hello! Im a penholder too. I believe yasaka makes some of the best all-wood blades for beginner to intermediate penholders.

For a lighter, more offensive blade the Ma Lin Extra Offensive (MEO), is a classic among penholders. Stiff, light, and has excellent power from to close to mid court. However, it loses power far away and looping is not as smooth as with some other blades.

The yasaka goaiabao 5 is also an even faster and lighter option

This user has no status.
Next step if you want to stick with an all wood setup could be the Stiga Clipper. You can also go with a Yinhe T11 balsa carbon blade as they have a cpen option.

I use a Stiga Arctic Wood 5ply all wood CPEN at the moment and it's got great speed and control for RPB - I currently have a Tibhar Evolution EL-S on the backhand and it plays wonderfully on that blade.