Andro releases Rasanter R53

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
R50 uncut is 76 g
R53 uncut is ? g
Those with weak wrists should not try this rubber.

OT: The manufacturers should state the weight of their rubbers. Rubber selection is difficult as it is given the range of choices. To add insult to the injury, one is forced to search forums to guesstimate the weight.

from a youtube review: R53 (max) 73g, cut 51g. R53 is possibly lighter than R50

This user has no status.
Finally caved in thanks to Airoc and guni's reviews and I slapped R53 max thickness on Acoustic with D05 max thickness (boosted with one layer of FTL) on the other side. I've liked the Rasanter series and wanted to try 50+ for the first time with a Rasanter rubber. The speed of R53 and the spin it generates is insane. I've only had one training session with my coach so far but I can already tell the potential of this rubber. I've tried several rubbers in the past on Acoustic (Rakza 7, G1, H3 prov blue sponge boosted), but I've never seen a ball shoots off my Acoustic at such a speed. Obviously, one needs to be in a good position to deliver a high quality loop drive with R53. I'll post more updates as I experiment with this rubber more. I have always favored boosted H3 for my Acoustic but I'm hoping these latest releases of 50+ rubbers will help me replace H3 because boosting is really a hassle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
The speed of R53 and the spin it generates is insane. ...
Obviously, one needs to be in a good position to deliver a high quality loop drive with R53.

I think the R53 really extends the limits.
And yes, work is needed to activate its maximum potential.
But, and this is important, even if you can´t drive it at maximum speed, it will deliver more spin than t05 on the same speed level, and it is not such a beast to handle as t05 hard or other hard rubbers.

This user has no status.
I think the R53 really extends the limits.
And yes, work is needed to activate its maximum potential.
But, and this is important, even if you can´t drive it at maximum speed, it will deliver more spin than t05 on the same speed level, and it is not such a beast to handle as t05 hard or other hard rubbers.

I can confirm that R53 feels nowhere as hard as what it's rated at.

I do wonder how R53 will feel like at 2.0mm. This is my first time trying a 2.3mm rubber and man, the ball shoots off like a rocket. Also, the rubber is quite heavy as well. I definitely need to work on controlling this rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Finally caved in thanks to Airoc and guni's reviews and I slapped R53 max thickness on Acoustic with D05 max thickness (boosted with one layer of FTL) on the other side. I've liked the Rasanter series and wanted to try 50+ for the first time with a Rasanter rubber. The speed of R53 and the spin it generates is insane. I've only had one training session with my coach so far but I can already tell the potential of this rubber. I've tried several rubbers in the past on Acoustic (Rakza 7, G1, H3 prov blue sponge boosted), but I've never seen a ball shoots off my Acoustic at such a speed. Obviously, one needs to be in a good position to deliver a high quality loop drive with R53. I'll post more updates as I experiment with this rubber more. I have always favored boosted H3 for my Acoustic but I'm hoping these latest releases of 50+ rubbers will help me replace H3 because boosting is really a hassle.

Would you be able to compare R53 with H3 Prov in terms of:
  • Arc
  • Feel
  • Short service
  • Short game
  • Spin in counter topspin rally
  • Ease of lifting backspin

Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hi,

I just love R53 on my forehand and i just put it on my backhand. My backhand technique is not perfect. Whenever i have even little bit of wrong stroke on backhand the ball flies out or goes to the net. Why is that? Is it cz i am not yet used to the rubber on backhand? Should give it more time?

It has very good control in the short game.But in the game even if I make slight mistake in the racket angle the ball flies out. I like the linear feeling that’s why trying it.When I know where the ball is coming during practicing then it feels perfect.But different story in matches where I am not in position all the time.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Guni, I'm not sure what your level is by unless you are well trained and at least play comfortably above 2,000+ rating, I suggest you try softer rubber for BH. Stick with your W968 and don't bother changing the blade. Try a softer rubber like R42 or maybe even R47 but I would not go anything beyond that. I wouldn't use anything thicker than 2.0mm also.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019

I am thinking about trying r53 but I'm not sure that I will be able to use it properly. Would you say that even on slower shots when out of position r53 will give you more spin than r47? I don't really need any more speed than r47 but I like the easy of returning short with harder rubbers, not if it is for the sacrifice of spin though

This user has no status.
I am thinking about trying r53 but I'm not sure that I will be able to use it properly. Would you say that even on slower shots when out of position r53 will give you more spin than r47? I don't really need any more speed than r47 but I like the easy of returning short with harder rubbers, not if it is for the sacrifice of spin though

Going from softer rubber to harder rubber there is no question you will be required to make higher quality shots. There simply can't be a rubber that gives you more spin on both out of position shots and in position shots. R53 simply was more tolerant of out of position shots than I thought a 53 degree rubber would offer.

Bear in kind though, I can't make a direct comparison because when I used R47, it was on a much stiffer blade like Treiber Z. I don't think I'd slap R53 on a stiff blade at this point.

This user has no status.
Would you be able to compare R53 with H3 Prov in terms of:
  • Arc
  • Feel
  • Short service
  • Short game
  • Spin in counter topspin rally
  • Ease of lifting backspin

Thanks

If you don't mind the hassle of boosting, I'd still stick to H3 because it generally is better (albeit slightly) in most of the above categories, although I did feel better (or easier for the lack of better word) doing counter topspin rally.

I just got too lazy boosting H3 and the window of optimal performance felt too short. One has to always keep wondering if the booster effect is wearing off or not.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Going from softer rubber to harder rubber there is no question you will be required to make higher quality shots. There simply can't be a rubber that gives you more spin on both out of position shots and in position shots. R53 simply was more tolerant of out of position shots than I thought a 53 degree rubber would offer.

Agree 100%.