Andro releases Rasanter R53

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
It's interesting that there seems to be an inverse relationship between sponge porousness and hardness for these Andro rubbers. Unlike, say, in Tibhar K series.

I was surprised by that Powergrip SFX when I got it - really small pores in comparison to the rest of the new Hexers. It feels much harder than 42.5 as well. Plays well though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Harder than the regular Grip?

It's about the same as the Grip overall to a finger press test, but it feels...stiffer...in use. Lower catapult, more linear. I guess that difference comes from the much smaller pores. Grip does genuinely feel like a softer Powergrip, but Powergrip SFX (at least the one I have here) seems different to me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Hello. I am currently playing double-sided fastarc g1 on acoustic. I love my setup but some times I think it would be a little bit faster especially when I playing away from the table. But I am afraid to relive the short game disasters that I had previously with tenergy 05. What do you think the transition from fastarc g1 to rasanter r53?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Hello. I am currently playing double-sided fastarc g1 on acoustic. I love my setup but some times I think it would be a little bit faster especially when I playing away from the table. But I am afraid to relive the short game disasters that I had previously with tenergy 05. What do you think the transition from fastarc g1 to rasanter r53?

What exactly was the disaster with t05?

It should work well in short game due to relatively low catapult.

Same goes for R53 - not bouncy at all, but with extreme spin and so much power away from the table. Despite its nominal hardness, it isn´t a beast that has to be tamed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
I used both FA-G1 and R53 until things halted, and previously used T05.

The short game of R53 was, for me, much more confident than T05. Near the table I can swap between R53 and FA-G1. Off the table R53 is a different beast, to its merit.

What exactly was the disaster with t05?

It should work well in short game due to relatively low catapult.

Same goes for R53 - not bouncy at all, but with extreme spin and so much power away from the table. Despite its nominal hardness, it isn´t a beast that has to be tamed.

With Tenergy 05, I made a lot of flick errors, backspin error against backspin and backspin opening error. I can keep these errors to a minimum with fastarc g1. Turning backspin balls into attack is much easier for me with g1. I like to play using my arm and leg force, but I started to think that I need a forehand rubber that will allow me to use my energy more balanced and win the rally more quickly, especially against defensive players who can drop every ball on the table. Is Rasanter r53 the right candidate? Your comments encouraged me.
Sorry for bad English. I got help from g.translate.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
If you have very active and full swing strokes R53 could be nice on FH as upgrade to G-1. Due to factory boosting it does not feel as hard as it is.

I do not believe it will be as easy to use as G-1 AND give you more power. What it will do is give you more speed and spin on those full strokes, but if you are late or slightly lazy it could punish you. It is a very controllable rubber, but you do need really nice contact all the time for it's full potential.

G-1, Vega Pro, Razka 7 would all be 'easier' to play. R53 will be give you much more power and put-away-power on your full strokes with good contact.

One thing to consider is weight if your Acoustic is 90 grams+. R53 (max) is around 73-74g. 2.0mm is 70g. G-1 is 68.

The R53 will make your blade feel slightly stiffer and could make the feeling on your BH side slightly different but that is easy to adjust.

Reactions: yoass