Andro releases Rasanter R53

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Honestly, ESN 53 is still not "hard" compared to Chinese rubbers in the past 20 years. Also, the "thin topsheet" trend nowadays makes even hard sponged rubbers feel soft.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Honestly, ESN 53 is still not "hard" compared to Chinese rubbers in the past 20 years. Also, the "thin topsheet" trend nowadays makes even hard sponged rubbers feel soft.

True when compared with Chinese rubbers which are 41+ degrees on their scale which is like 51+ degrees on the European scale but with much harder topsheets, and the thin topsheet does help a bit on the new generation ESN rubbers, but they're still meant to be different rubbers that work very differently.

I currently prefer between 45-47 degrees on my FH, doubt it will change anytime soon, but maybe I'll want to go harder later as I improve. Dignics 05 didn't feel as hard as I thought it would but was still to hard for me right now. I guess I should try more hard thin topsheets rubber to see how they feel.

Last edited:
Reactions: splasher78
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Andro said before that Simon Gauzy was using R50.Now that R53 has been released they are claiming that he is using R53.Who knows maybe he is using R55-57 but they don’t claim that cz May be they can’t be mass produced for the public.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Andro said before that Simon Gauzy was using R50.Now that R53 has been released they are claiming that he is using R53.Who knows maybe he is using R55-57 but they don’t claim that cz May be they can’t be mass produced for the public.

Pros can select their sponge properties and get rubbers with their exact specifications

Reactions: Ivan10edgardo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Really?Is this the only difference?What is the benefit of boosting a hard rubber then?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Really?Is this the only difference?What is the benefit of boosting a hard rubber then?

I'm not an expert about boosting but when you boost the rubber gets softer. So a harder rubber allows to boost and still have the hardness they like. And boosting increases spin and speed

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews

At the moment, it seems only andro´s parent company Schöler+Micke has them available. Contra, another big distributor, for example has not.

At the German Open the R53 could be tested, but such test under different conditions and presumably not on one´s one racket wouldn´t produce reliable results, if you ask me.

Some feedback I read was "fast" (which was to be expected ...) and "feeling softer than the sponge would have you expect" (which is what andro says anyway).

Overall, you might need a little patience until paid/trusted reviewers get their hands on the rubbers or they appear on a broader basis.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Why does Andro say that you wouldn’t believe how soft 53 hardness sponge might feel.Is it cz of the booster?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
Why does Andro say that you wouldn’t believe how soft 53 hardness sponge might feel.Is it cz of the booster?

Official marketing talk from andro is that the sponge has a different cell structure than the other rasanter rubbers called "Energy Cell" that gives the rubber a softer impression when playing. To me it sounds similar to what butterly is saying in regards to the difference of their new sponge for the dignics rubbers compared to regular Tenergy sponge.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
At the moment, it seems only andro´s parent company Schöler+Micke has them available. Contra, another big distributor, for example has not.

At the German Open the R53 could be tested, but such test under different conditions and presumably not on one´s one racket wouldn´t produce reliable results, if you ask me.

Some feedback I read was "fast" (which was to be expected ...) and "feeling softer than the sponge would have you expect" (which is what andro says anyway).

Overall, you might need a little patience until paid/trusted reviewers get their hands on the rubbers or they appear on a broader basis.

http://www.dandoy-sports.com/andro-rasanter-r53.html

Reactions: thomas.pong